Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Reds~~

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."  ~~Maya Angelou (American Poet, 1928).

I'm taking a break from home~improvements today~~
I've had these little plates for a long time.  Love the pattern and the reds; some vibrant; others faded and discolored; a few nicks and chips.



I love a little red in my kitchen.  I'll always treat myself to a few new hand~towels from Walmart, TJ Maxx, thrift shops, etc~~it's another kind of addiction I have!


My favorite little fruit bowls and saucers/bread plates are "Harvest" by Homer Laughlin:  my grandmother had lots of these~~someone tell me if this is correct~~I remember her telling me she got these free from the big oatmeal boxes in the 1940's~~a way of selling the product by promotion of these dishes inside the oatmeal boxes.  (I wish they still did that!)


My recent little project with an old bottle: added a waterslide decal of cherries~~pretty for simple arrangements for the side~table~~


A tea~towel for 75 cents from a local thrift shop with lovely primary colors.


Have a great Rednesday and look here for some pretty inspiration at these parties:



Cherry World 1


http://verymerryvintagestyle.blogspot.com/


Button


http://diybydesign.blogspot.com/





BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE