Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Industrial Little Pantry


                                                
A few weeks ago I bought this metal file cabinet for under $2.00; it was tan colored with a dented hinged top; my original plan was to remove the lid, make a wooden tray to fit over the top~~

I already had painted it an aqua color and then~~



~~changed my mind and decided to add big stencil "pantry" to both sides and add some chunky metal handles painted dark brown to match the painted stencil and old metal rollers~~




I paid less than $2.00 for this cabinet at the Resale shop here locally~~



~~a great way to store potatoes, cutting boards, liters of soda, etc~~




~~and I'm so tempted to keep this one, but it's going to the booths for resale this week; I don't really have the kitchen space for it.

I'm off to junk shop today (pickin' out of town on the way to do an errand)~~I hope to find some awesome bargains to show off this week. 

Have a great day!  ~patty~

Here's some parties to go to:

Beyond The Picket Fence

http://www.primpjunktion.com/
{Primp}

35 comments:

  1. I'd love this in my colors in my kitchen! Great makeover, Patty. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    thats a great idea and looks so nice. Thank you for sharing.
    best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. That looks great.
    Ciao,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's adorable. What a great idea. Great job! Love the color, too. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute and a creative idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty,
    Terrific! I would never recognize it as having been a file cabinet in its past life.
    Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I really love the color!! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! Practical and pretty :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this re-purpose...it is so much better as a rolling pantry than as a filing cabinet :~) I couldn't find a contact for you, but wanted to let you know I featured your fab re-make on my series, the Friday 5! Thanks for such wonderful inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this so much! What an amazing find. Your makeover is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so fantastic! I adore the color, the stencil... it all just works. Great save! (Visiting from Cowgirl Up!)

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you did with this! So creative!

    ReplyDelete