Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Beadboard Look ~~ Wallpaper

Today I'm painting more trim boards; baseboard, chair~railings, mouldings~~
This beadboard wallpaper is fabulous and I am very pleased with it in the dining room.  I may use it in the kitchen and laundry room too.  I have not painted it yet (it is paintable)~~and I have my favorite cottage white Behr paint ready~~






I bought my two huge rolls of the beadboard wallpaper at Lowe's for $18.00 per roll and still had some left over for other projects:  thinking of papering the back of a bookcase ~~even my picky sister-in-law thought this was great stuff and looked like the "real thing".


This product is amazing!  It comes prepasted; but I always brush on a little wall paste mixture because it is a heavier paper~~want to be sure it adheres well to the wall and projects.

Sharing my little project with this fun party:



UndertheTableandDreaming




BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE


http://verymerryvintagestyle.blogspot.com/

Button




Button Up

27 comments:

  1. ooooooo, that DOES look lovely. Didn't even know they had that kind of wallpaper. I love the way pure white looks! Great job! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wallpaper looks great - would not have know it was paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DO like the beadboard wallpaper. The white looks nice and I'll bet the Behr Cottage White will too. I think that's the color I have in my bathrooms. It's been so long simce I painted them I've forgotten. lol I guess it's time for a sprucing up in my bathrooms.
    Hugs,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this wallpaper. Want to run and get it....but....wallpaper is what got me into this mess with my leg.
    Of course, it's beadboard so I don't have to get on a ladder!
    Still working through my comments from my new posts. When I'm done answering everyone, then I'll feel ready to do another post! Love all your recent postings.
    hugs,
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting this beadboard wallpaper. I just have to get some, wondering how it will look on my attic bedroom ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen this b4 ~ brilliant!
    :)Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't get over how real this looks. What a deal too...I found your link at Stuff and Nonsense and am a new follower. Stop by my blog if you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wallpaper is so convincing! It looks terrific, and I think painting it would make it look even more like the real deal.

    Thanks for linking to the party. Hope to have you join the fun each week.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it...i would never know from the photos that is was not the real deal...thanks for linking up to fridays unfolded!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been thinking of using this to cover some paneling in my kitchen that has low ridges in the paneling and is from the chair rail down. Do you think the texture will cover the paneling well enough?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks absolutely beautiful! You did a great job and we are so glad you shared it with us at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never even knew there was such a thing as bead board wallpaper! It looks awesome! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to keep that in mind for future projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your room looks amazing. What a great product this is. I remember the days when you had to put up each board one at a time to achieve this look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great. I papered our entry with the Stucco wall paper from Lowe's and I just love it too. Considered the beadboard for our bath and may still do it. Love the look you got.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete