Friday, July 8, 2011

Vision This~~

It's been a few weeks since I could actually use my camera and blog:   three major rooms under construction with wood floors being put in~~wallpapering the dining room~~and that's not even close to the rest of the story~~


This is the dining room: next week the beadboard "wallpaper"~~LOVE this stuff~~can't wait to show you my progress~~chair-railing; crown moulding; baseboard~~etc, etc, etc~~it all takes time!
I'm NOT loving my old chandelier~~but, it will have to do for now~~I have plans to change it out soon~~ (forgive the little "curtains"--taped up some muslin for privacy purposes while working in this room)~~


Did get a little break during the week and found some sweet things~~
This cherub vase (complete with dusty silk flowers!)


See that cherub shelf in the backgound?  Made of plaster and soooo paintable for $1.25~~
And cast iron little bird votive holders for 50 cents!  I love bird~thingies~~

And five heavy~marble~like candle holders (I am using several in the family room as coasters)~~liked the detail on these~~each for 25 cents from CC.



I'll post every week my progress for the rooms downstairs~~we have LOTS to do yet~~

Joining in some fun this week here:


BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE


Button


The Thrifty Groove



Grab My Button


Feathered Nest Friday