Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rehabing Candlesticks and Cheese Servers


Very bad habit of mine: a drawer full of wooden candlesticks bought at resale shops:  below are some of my projects this week for the booth at the local antique mall~~

filling in the tops with Rock Hard so that I can screw or glue for a flat surface when I add plates, pans, etc~~



This one I so love the best~~a little distressed aqua with black/white and an old cake pan for the top~~


~~This little one has a small container with lid~~cute to hold desk supplies~~


The china plate very secure with E6000 glue~~


Now~~here's those cheese servers~~you see these all the time I'm sure at the resale shops;  after painting them up as "cloches", they sell very well for me at the shop~~

Here's the "before"~~


A little white paint, stencil and distressing~~



Here's one with the bottom wooden part of the cheese server screwed onto a taller candlestick~~painted white, stencil, distressed~~















So simple I know~~these always sell quickly and make nice fillers at the shop; takes little time to put together. 

Have a great week and see you at these parties~~



DomesticallySpeaking

CLICK TO JOIN LINKY PARTY


IASWP