Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hobby, Walmart and the Thrift Shop



It was a fabulous thrifting day (yesterday)~~but, first I have to show my new love from Hobby~~this gorgeous silk was 1/2 off last week~~I wanted something similar to an olive branch/bush~~this comes pretty close~~




So, yesterday was thriftin' day~~I instantly fell in love with these two glass vases with woven bottoms~~and only $2.00 each~~I'm thinking of staining them a tad darker~~maybe paint on a number~~



~~wire rack, old clay pot saucers, a little floral picture complete with rusty metal frame,  aqua bale~wire jar and some little glass votives~~


I'm getting out the E6000 to glue the votives as a base to some other glass dishes~~like this~~


~~and I may use some looking glass paint to them for the appearance of mercury glass.


And in the container/homegoods section of Walmart~~Ohhh~~had to get this $5.00 large ceramic container~~perfect to hold a plant on top my fridge. 


And~~it's usually this time of the year (every year) I get the urge to buy a house plant of some description~~maybe it's the yearning for warm, spring air and to be outside again??  Are you ready to pot a plant or two? 

See you at these fun parties~~

 HOGblah2beautifulKnick of Time InteriorsCraft & Tell

27 comments:

  1. You found some awesome deals. I love those vases and a darker stain would be gorgeous. I do want a house plant this time of year...the need of green I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those vases would be adorable a tad darker with numbers on them.
    I just passed The Versatile Award onto you! Come on by to accept if you wish.
    If you’re not interested, no problem. Just ignore this message…it will soon self-destruct!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds. I really want to get my pansies in......way too early for these parts, though. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the idea of adding a number and that wire basket...LOVE IT!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did GOOD and I love those vases too! Can't wait to see what you do with them. Have a wonderful day, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only am I ready to pot plants, I had an urge to uncover my garden today. Way too early in northern Illinois! But my crocus and daffs are already coming up!

    Nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it all! You have wonderful taste!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found lots of great stuff. I don't have you luck, or maybe your good eye! Visiting from Northern Cottage. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds!!! I love those branches from Hob Lob too!!!

    Thanks for linking this up @ Creatively Living!

    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep you definitely found some good stuff, very very good thrifting day. I wish I had more of those:/ I wanted to invite you to my cheap finds and transformations party, everyone will love the stuff you found:) Here's the link if you're interested, have a fab week! http://www.thescottscrib.com/2012/01/lathrifta-strikes-gold-lathriftas-cheap.html

    ReplyDelete