Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dollar Stores: Autumn Deco Ideas


Great thing about catalogs (like Pottery Barn); is free inspiration.  Last fall's issue showed glass jars of votive candles with twine wrapped leaves on the outside~~I decided to buy those $1.00 candles and do some copy~cat decorating~~


Used some jute wrapped around a big pillar candle with glass hurricane shade:
found some more pretty leaves and fall picks to play with too~~






Last year I bought this huge pine~cone candle at the resale shop for under $2.00~~
today I bought the smaller restaurant platter at Catholic Charities; loving the brown stripe and layering it with a bigger platter that is "fallish" looking~~


Bought this vintage Halloween pumpkin last year for only $7.00~~still lights up! ~~you can barely make out the cat in this photo right beneath the pumpkin~~


I like seeing a bit of autumn in each room of the house; sometimes it's just really plain and simple: a small candle with pinecones in a bowl.  Are you loving this time of the year?

I'm joining these parties:

2805

BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE



19 comments:

  1. Love your ideas! I have that exact vintage pumpkin/cat light, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're my kinda gal - great looks - all for a few pennies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dollar store candles that you dressed up! All of the decor looks great. I actually have those same pine cone candles but didn't remember until I saw yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can be my decorator any day! Great savings...bang for your buck!
    Hugs!
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome ideas! I love dollar store decorating!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. everything looks so beautiful! I love the PB catalogs too, so inspiring. That plastic pumpkin brings back many memories of Halloweens gone by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great and very beautiful decoration, I lake it!

    Have a nice day and happy weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are some great ideas. I'm always looking for things to do with the stuff I buy at the dollar store. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thrifty decorating ideas work for me!

    Hope you will link up to Potpourri Friday today. You have been featured!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What pretty Fall arrangements! :)

    Come by and say Hi! I'm having a giveaway.:)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patty, your ideas are wonderful and so are the arrangements. Lot of creative ideas here. Thanks!!

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a way of making dollar store decorating look expensive!

    I am so pleased that you linked to Potpourri Friday. Your participation certainly makes the party more successful . I appreciate you, the most! I hope you will make this one of your regular stops each week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoyed seeing your fall decor, especially the pine cone candle. So pretty! Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes I am enjoying this time of year. I am not a fan of the extreme heat. I also love the change of seasons to respark everyday life. Love candles and yours are so festive.
    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great way to save some money from one season to another. They change so quickly and if you have an idea..you can change it without having to go to the bank!
    Love them all...
    Enjoy time..

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohhh.. great ideas. I may just have to copy you. :) love your dishes and using things for other than their original purpose.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such pretty fall arrangements. It's fun decorating on the cheap And copycatting is cool!!! ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday last week. Hope to see you again this week.

    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the leaves wrapped around the candle. I think I have some...I may have to make a few tonight! Thank you!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those votives look adorably cute with the twine and leaves wrapped around them! So simple yet it adds so much. I may just have to try that! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete