Thursday, December 8, 2011

Beadboard Church


Last year I bought this darling church made of old beadboard~~it stole my heart instantly~~a flameless candle inside shows the light through the cracks~~



Added the swag to the top~~see the steeple with the little brass bell?



I have it sitting on the "old sewing machine" table (bought the table for $1.25 at Habitat Resale Shop)~~I painted the base a faded aqua (you know I love me some aqua with my browns/whites/creams in the house~~:)~~sanded the top; restained with a medium walnut finish~~


Tweaking this morning~~my tall basket fits perfectly underneath~~after Christmas I'm going to stencil a number on the basket and maybe stain it to look antique~~


Below is the "before" of old sewing table~~I sanded the top and purchased the drawer pull from Hobby~~


~~And still tweaking with greenery here and there~~the striped "towel" is actually a cotton placemat~~purchased from Big Lots for $1.00~~I thought about stenciling on this too~~


Today is "retail" shopping day for family Christmas presents~~I may stick in a little time to hit the junk/resale shops too~~you never know what may be waiting to come home~~

Hope you're having a Blessed and grateful day.

~Patty~

Come join me at these lovely parties~~

Share Your Creations

BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE


Photobucke



beforeAndAfterButton

Ivy and Elephants

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating


The Thrifty Groove

Ladybird Ln