Friday, February 11, 2011

Old White Cups and Cows!

No secret--I have an infinite love for ironstone.  Especially the vintage white and creams:

Two china cabinets in my home display my love for white teapots, coffee-pots, platters, tureens, etc.

Oh--I like brown and blue transferware too!  I display them separately; move stuff around constantly.

I recently purchased this adorable antique picture of cows--love the muted colors. 


Old clipboards!  Another crazy passion---can't seem to pass these up---looks sweet stacked in an old box.  I use them too---carry one around with my notes on it for blogging/house ideas!

Religious items are another weakness---I love these grouped together on the little table in the entry way.


Ironstone love:

Cute little white planter holds cards and little things: love that crazing!

My latest teapot cost $4.00 and is in mint condition!

Coffee jar and small creamer; bargains for total of $3.00




I spot those little glass ashtrays everywhere for practically nothing--they make cute coasters for little plants; I love to stack them up in a larger bowl---pretty when the sunlight shines on them.

An old cardboard box; simple---but, loved the tan and white wallpaper---the little knob!  Sweet holding all that other stuff I have.


Sending this past post over to:

Button


Thanks for stopping by!  I'm joining up with Debra at Common Grounds:


And Linda at A la Carte:http://ljm-alacarte.blogspot.com/


Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Nice collection of everything. Some people don't understand the thrill of the hunt when you collect things. Enjoy your great finds!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, cute post. Nice to look at all your lovely things. That white Virgin Mary is the EXACT one I have on my dresser! Isn't that amazing? Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all your photos. Your cows are "outstanding in their field". Sorry old joke just couldn't resist it...lol....Have a wonderful Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your collections!! The old clipboards are so unique!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a wonderful collection of old ironstone...love the ones with brown transfers!!!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure have a lot of pretties. And you display them so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your things! The cow picture is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some beautiful ironstone and I love the cow print. Very nice. Thanks for stopping by.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your ironstone collection! They are gorgeous grouped together. I have finally collected enough pieces to do a display but need a new cabinet for them. Thanks so much for joining JFF this week. ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you've displayed all your wonderful collections, everything looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We like lots of the same things! *winks* I love your cow picture! And I have an obsession for ironstone. I have over 40 white pitchers...I seem to get hooked on a shape for some reason and I buy variations of the same thing over and over....I'm pretty sure I need a 12 step *winks* Your collection is wonderful! I also collect religious items. I don't have the pretty things you do (really enjoyed seeing yours) but I'm just getting started! Thanks for sharing your treasures! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the clipboards, the ironstone and the little white planter holding the valentines. Such a lovely post! Thanks for stopping by and the follow. Following you now too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the religious items. I go for brighter colors, myself, and might think that white would be boring, but not the way you do it. You have a great eye for pulling everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful finds! The photos are lovley. I fell in love with each piece you showed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your blog! So excited to find you and become a Follower. And...you just became my 50th Follower...finally I can draw the winner of my giveaway.
    Have a great weekend,
    Cheryl at My Sister's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful collection and love your display and cupboard. Thanks for linking up to my Share the Love party!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love white dishes too :) I am your newest follower - thank you for stopping by my blog too!

    Jen
    www.dishesandsocks.com

    ReplyDelete