Monday, September 12, 2011

Slipcover and Side Table Projects



I really want to get this slipcover done tomorrow!  Started early this morning~~using up a huge stash of $5.00 muslin curtains for this project~~sort of a "piece work" as not all the pieces are exactly same whites~~but, I love the way it's turning out.


Tomorrow I'm finishing the pleated hem.  


My recent purchase of a $7.00 side table has been lightly sanded~~it's getting painted tomorrow too.
I'm trying to decide on some fall~looking fabrics for this room: Next up~~chair pillows and found these photos from Pottery Barn~~my inspirational color scheme~~

Above:  Pottery Barn curtains~~~

I love the colors in the above panels~~I want to find something similar to this color scheme/pattern and make only wide "side borders" to my curtains which are white.  This pattern is "too much" overall for my room~~but, using just a border to each panel would add some nice color and dimension to the windows.





And I love these PB pillows: I think I can duplicate the look for my chair.  These colors match my rug in this room and will look great for autumn~~the black china cabinet off to the side tones down all the white/neutrals.  I'm thinking the rust and aqua pillows will be pretty to this big old chair.

Sending my projects over to these parties: