Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Thrift Project Pile


Today I started the project pile~~the pic. below shows all I'm trying to accomplish this week for the shelves at the booths~~


I completed the lamp last night~~(yes~~another stencil project!)~~I tend to get on a roll with certain projects while the "thought" is in my head~~do you do that too?





If you saw the "project pic"~~and you're probably wondering why in the world would this women be doing a project with a corn meal/salt container??



I sell a lot of "little things" on the cheap~cheap and my customers love it~~these will go into the "dollar bin"~~



Makes sweet "shelf~sitters"; cute sitting atop of old books; a place to hold little papers and such~~






Spent some time out in the yard today~~but, more painting of projects tonight.  Tell me what you think of these burlap containers~~corny or what??

Thanks for peeking in~~love to read your thoughts and comments!

patty

Hey; here's a great party~~I'll see you there!
BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE

9 comments:

  1. I like them! You make them look like they should be more than a dollar. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the burlap containers, cute not corny! A great way to inexpensively cover cans and have a very stylish look.

    Thanks for stopping by,and you asked about the bleeding hearts, they would be perfect in partial shade (like you described) or full shade. Also if you have never grown them before it is a spring plant that blooms for a few weeks. When summer progress the plant dies back but no worries you can cut to the ground and it will appear the next spring. Might be more info than you wanted but I love gardening and like to share! Thanks, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bee lampshade. You have lucky customers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they are cute! I also love your lampshades!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with the containers. I'm in a huge burlap mode these days and these are adorable; very clever to paint the top black and still see the spout. No doubt that they would sell for much more than $1. Great job and thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lamp and shelf sitters. Thanks for leaving a comment on Rooted in Thyme. Would love for you to share on Simple & Sweet Fridays. This post is very creative.
    New Follower.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heart the bee lampshade! The shelf sitters are a great inexpensive idea.
    ~Mimi B~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I absolutely love your 'cheap' containers -- what a wonderfully thrifty idea. I'm definitely putting it on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patty, I've been reading and enjoying your blog posts and those burlap pots are really nice.. thought of doing this to a few flower pots.. wonder if the water would harm the fabric?
    Following you now
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete