Friday, May 25, 2012

Pan Stands from Lamp Bases



This was a quick and easy project!

I took apart the electrical cords; leaving just the base/neck of the electrical part (where the light bulb is screwed into)~~~filled in the little "cup" portion with a hardening compound then attached the metal tins with screws on top~~




I love the metal flowers and leaves on the lamps;  (found for $1.00 each at the thrift shop)~~

Painted them up with home-made chalk paint~~
added a bit of burlap and French wine labels~~



Using Mod Podge to adhere the burlap and label to the tins.

TIP:  if you run out of Mod Podge~~Elmer's Glue does the same job! ~~and it's a lot cheaper!  Dries clear and can use a tiny bit of water to dilute if need to.  I've done this a gazillion times.


Makes cute candle stands~~would be pretty with dried Hydrangea blooms (if I get any Hydrangea blooms this year!)

Have a fantastic weekend~~I'm off to lurk around the postings and see what everyone else is up to!

~patty~

Sharing this project here:




9 comments:

  1. Never thought I could use tin cans to make something like this! And a dollar for those decorative metal stands for a dollar each!? Why can't I find a deal like that!?

    Would love for you to share this at linky party

    xo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said it before and I'll say it again, you are very creative! I want to get my address to you just let me know how. Thanks. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea, and wow... $1 each, that NEVER happens for me. Well done. Have a great day...
    Ciao,Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever! I love them! I'm going to keep my eyes open for lamp bases! Thanks for sharing...
    xo wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! You've a lot of cute stuff going on on your blog right now. Gotta add you to my sidebar so I don't miss anything! have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your creativity! I love the chalk paint I think I may have to get some and play around with it. I think it has a nice matte finish and that is appealing to me. The label is brillant!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete