Wednesday, May 11, 2011

~A Little Blue Toile~

I bought this adorable wall lamp a few weeks ago for $3.00 at Catholic Charities:



Locally at our resale shop found blue toile curtain/valances for $1.00 to use for pillows and other projects:



I decided not to paint the wrought iron on the lamp; but to leave it black~~the white milk~glass center piece looks pretty against it.

And used the toile fabric for the little shade; even the trim work from the edge of the valance works as a nice edging/finishing touch~~plus a little white braided trim to play off the milk~glass:


Now this vintage Frenchy lamp is ready for resale at my booth at the antique mall.  This was my little project last night~~I love toile; don't you?



I'm having my first GIVE-AWAY: May 31st~~hope you will join in the fun!




I'm linking up with these lovely blogs:

Savvy Southern Style

Three Or More  - Tuesday