Monday, May 16, 2011

This Week's Projects~~


Sun is out!  Only 60 degrees~~but hey~~not complaining 'cause there is no rain today.  Yea!!



We got the iron rack planters added to the shed windows~~finally some color back here~~in a few weeks the flowers will look pretty good and full.

 
Here's my $3.00 chair from Resale Shop and a $1.00 little stool~~my projects also for this week:



Painted the stool after removing the fabric~~and will add that metal bracket~thingy to the front side and paint it white too~~for the potted plants on front porch~~

(metal bracket thingy 1/2 off from Hobby Lobby)


I bought this old metal chair for $2.00 at our local habitat resale store; not safe to sit in, but great for tucking into the shaded garden to hold birdhouses or potted plants.  I want to paint it white eventually~~


My flowers front of the house are reds/whites/blues~~
They look a little "lame" right now; but in a few weeks they'll be lush and full:

 


Okay; gotta get busy~~will post my results later~~working on the pergola still too!
Have a great week!



~GIVE-AWAY~  May 31st~~ I hope you'll be here!

Below are the items for a drawing on the 31st of May~~I'll be posting the weekend prior to remind everyone.  Seven sweet items for one give-away~~I know it's nothing spectacular and rather humble, but I love the simplicity, vintage appeal each piece holds.  I think you'd like them too.


13 comments:

  1. Your planters look fabulous! Love the metal chair and bird house too so cute. Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found your blog, and I'm in love with your yard/gardens! I love old bricks too. Can't wait to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks beautiful, and I'm in love with the colour of your house - timber clad buildings can be so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful garden, I love it!
    Kisses and a nice Tuesday:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. time to start planting here yeah!!! everything looks great at your place, wish I had your metal chair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so nice seeing your pretty yard. Your new iron planter looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love to see that there are flowers somewhere! Very pretty projects so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are so gorgeous! I'm slowley working to get my yard spring summer ready. Didn't care last year after recouping from a car accident, but now, I'm feeling a bit better and taking it slow. Yours is quite an inspiration! You newest follower.
    Kim @ tiarasandbowies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers look great--love that green chair too! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your gardens looks great!
    I LOVE that green chair (I see you have a white one too)!! They remind me of spending summers with my Nana on Cape Cod...I must get one!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's all so pretty! I just bought some dasies, impatients, and two huge boston ferns! I also added 6 more hydragenea bushes! Can't wait to get some photos! Now Following!

    ~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your style! And the bargains you are finding for the outdoors. I think you and I like most of the same things...I'll be visiting you often!

    Blessings!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. You found some great finds! I love the rose print and the tureen! So nice! Sign me up for your giveaway, those items look very nice.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete