Friday, May 6, 2011

Oak Leaf Hydrangeas


I must be in a rut this week; I've found a few things to share and restock my booth at the antique mall~~
this week was mostly dedicated to house repairs and I wanted to be outside in the sunshine too.
Still too early here to plant flowers~~maybe in another week or two. 


Two sweet china pieces: dainty cup and creamer~~orphaned from a complete set~~precious all the same.   I passed up the composite shelf the first time I saw it.  Then I thought (if it's still there) I'll buy it, paint it and repurpose it.  It was $1.00~~it was an ugly gray and for some odd reason doesn't lie flat to the wall as it should.  HOWEVER~~~ who could pass up those sweet birdies and berries!  So, perhaps it would look pretty tucked into a flower garden.  Maybe just used as a prop with other lovely things on big tray, cloche, etc.



My best buy of the week was these two precious "paint by number" seascapes.  They are absolutely beautiful!  I can't part with these right now~~I'm going to paint the frames white.  I love these.  And I couldn't grab them up fast enough; each one $1.00. 




This big ol' silver percolator coffee pot ($3.00)~~ 


Perfect for holding flowers.  The ONLY flowers I have blooming right now are my oak leaf hydrangeas!  I love these graceful bushes so much that last year I bought three more for the backyard next to the fence and shed.  The blooms are gorgeous.





And:  below are my finds for my MAY 31st GIVE-AWAY: 
A total of ~7~ little vintage items; so sweet!  I hope you will come by often and find some inspiration or post a note.  I love to hear from you.  Have a great week!



  I'm hooking up with these fabulous blogs:



SouthernHospThriftyTreasures copy_thumb



BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE



The Thrifty Groove






Photobucket


Vintage Inspiration Friday



17 comments:

  1. I like the way you 'built' your vignettes. Your composite shelf with the bird and berries detail photographs so well.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! Your hydrangeas look so pretty in your coffee pot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little shelf with the birds - I thought it was china!!

    Thanks for sharing all of your 'finds' at Treasure Hunt Thursday.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you didn't pass up on it - painted creamy white it is gorgeous - love the coffee pot now vase!
    Lovely,
    Hope you have a wonderful Mother's day,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds. The paint by numbers will look really pretty with white frames. I like your use of the coffee pot as a vase. Hope you have a very Happy Mother's Day,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love that little shelf! Would love to find one! About the Oak Leafs.....love them! I too loved them so much after planting one, that I planted more last year.......I also so feel ya on the booth, I have been so busy working outside that I have neglected my booth as well....I really got to get with it this next week and quit playing so much in the yard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, lots of pretty finds this week! the creamer and sugar are so pretty and sweet. The shelf is awesome. Such beautiful details on it! The pint by number set is wonderful and will look so much better with a whitish frame! And I love theold percolater is perfect to hold flowers. Your vignettes look beautiful. Thank you for joining TTF. Have a lovely Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos and such pretty finds. I love, love, love the paint by number seascapes!
    Lovely flowers, too. Hydrangeas are a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just became your lastest follower. Thanks for coming by my blog. Thanks Richard at My Old Historic House

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovin' all of our finds and your photography too.....love the tray with the hydrangeas and those aqua bottles ...everything's just beautiful here...I'm Happy to find you and follow along with your blog. I look forward to exploring more of your pages :)
    Big Hugs,
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful finds ... love your creamer ans teacup very much and silver pot is fab...


    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

    I am sure you will be glad if you come to me and played with flowers of your choice at
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    Love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely photos of lovely vignettes. Great finds! What a deal on those paint by numbers! That shelf with the birds really is so pretty. Surely, it can be used in some manner. Love the hydrangeas in the perculator. Thank you for linking this beautiful post to Favorite Things. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Thank you for comment on my most recent post! I'm going for the "be real" approach!! I love the tea cups....will go through your blog as soon as I have more time! Looks great!

    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your photos!!! The Hydrangeas are perfect in the silver percolator. I live in South Florida and they do not grow down here. Have a great week...XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by. Your hydrangeas look like my snow ball bush flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can understand why you have to keep the paint-by-number paintings. I'm usually NOT drawn to those, but the composition colors of your two are so soothing. They will look even better when you paint the frames white.

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday, Patty.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete