Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Green

We've had so much rain recently.  Sunshine is sporatic right now, but I'll take it when we get it; weatherman reports sunshine for Thursday/Friday~~

I'm heading off to our local nurseries to get pink and white flowers for pots and gray foilage to tuck in the beds; some vine-y plants for trailing and climbing.


Hubby made me the birdhouses years ago; fresh white paint makes them stand out in all the green I have right now~~I need some color soon!


I like to add big clay pots into the midst of my "Snow on the Mountain" ground cover~~a third generation plant (rootings from grandmother's house to mom's and now me!)~~


A love for Hostas~~another sweet bird~house.

And some tweeking to do~~add decorative brick to edge of flowerbed~~paint the pergola~~



Have a pretty day~~~

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely yard you have. I love the curves and contrasting greenery. Bird houses are a great touch. I spent some time digging out dandelions today - looks like hours of work ahead.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE green! Most of my garden is in shades of green. I really like your idea of bird houses in the hostas. I think I'll "copy" your idea, if you don't mind.
    Thanks,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice green garden you have your bird house are so cute...
    XOX
    Isora

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, beautiful garden, I lake it!
    Bird house are so cute.
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, everything looks sooooo lovely. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how those birdhouses pop in all that green!

    I too have some 3rd generation plants. We got some chicks & hens years ago (about 25 now) from my husband's grandmother. They've moved with us through 3 moves and love our sandy loam soil.

    I also have an iris that was my great-grandmothers.

    A great way to remember you family,
    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete