Tuesday, November 15, 2011

~Aqua~


Finished painting my .50 cent frames and did a little stenciling on background papers~~


Used the "autumn" bucket for some aqua Christmas~~spray painted the branches white and re-used the same jute bow~~several big pinecones and faux greenery~~

Below~~my inspiration junk finds~~






I add a little Christmas decorating to our Thanksgiving; we aren't all going to be together at the same time on Christmas~~this is my way of bringing the two holidays together~~



Using Krylon "mirror image" spray paint~~to a huge glass container with a flameless candle inside~~


Can you see the stamped "vintage Santa"?  I love this image~~


Need to re~do some Christmas type pillows~~the fern pillow is the right color, but not happy with the summery look~~so making something different for the slipcovered chair~~eventually!



Still working on this room and finishing up my tables~~hope to post my results by the end of the week~~sun is out today so we'll be working on the siding and windows; and getting the on~going list ready for Thanksgiving.  I can hardly wait til the kids come home~~~

I'm linking up here for these fun parties~~


Photobucket









No Minimalist Here





21 comments:

  1. Ooo, your frames turned out so pretty, love the stenciling! Warm Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your frames with the number 25, and the aqua ornaments, just beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You turned your thrifty finds into gorgeous Christmas treasures, Patty! I love the versatility of your bucket and burlap bow. I can see that charming combo being used beautifully for EVERY season and holiday. ;)

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOh, I love this!! Pretty, pretty! I love how the frames came out. How did you get the number 25 on there? I have a frame like that I can paint too. I love the aqua.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing all these awesome ideas at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY. I'm so going to try that spray paint...thanks for the intro:) Also...I must put your wonderful blog on my sidbar:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful!!! I love it all. That jute bow is TDF!!! Hard to believe that is supposed to be used to support upholstered seating! Those aqua Shiny Brites are fab as well!

    ~mikey @ shabby french cottage
    www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mirror image spray paint did a great job! I've never heard of that but will soon be buying some. Looks like mercury glass. Thanks for the tip. Your vignettes look lovely. Happy Thanksgiving. Oh, and I LOVE the soft turquoise Shiny Brite ornaments. Nice find!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your touches of aqua with the stencils and the burlap. Great mix of textures. I picked up some aqua ornaments after Christmas last year and you've given me some great ideas for them.

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  9. This made my heart skip a beat. I use a bit of turquoise in my kitchen/family room Christmas decor. This is so darling! Love the stencil graphics. I have vintage ornaments in that same box. Some of my fav's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks beautiful!
    I want to try that spray paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the frames and the Santa image. Love the vintage blue ornaments. I found some very similiar this year. Everything certainly is very pretty that you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your frames. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pretty and so happy to meet your blog...I'm now following along...come on over for a visit and follow along if you'd like...Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this...my favorite color family used with the greens. beautiful!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the use of this color for Christmas! Very very pretty.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your framed art keeping that idea I have the same santa stamp and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your house is lovely in Aqua! Love your blog and all your wonderful ideas. Your photography is gorgs~ as well. What kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete