Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cheapo Junk Finds


Yesterday was a great day to find some cheap treasures; some to "fix up" for Christmas display/vignettes~~
A large paper mache' angel will be painted white and added to some large basket with evergreens and burlap bow ($1.00) and found some nice yardage of moss green toile fabric, old little wooden drawer and vintage ceramic Christmas tree; each $1.00~~
The crystal lamp base for $4.00 (a plate fits perfectly on the top portion~~may repurpose this as a stand for candles)~~


That ceramic tree~~I'm taking all the colored beads off, painting it all white; I have some clear "crystal" beads to replace in the little holes~~

and found this big tiered basket to organize my mail and such~~(2.00)



Below is the $1.25 beast I've been working on!  An old sewing machine table (less the machine portion)~~ I've sanded the top and ready to stain it; already painted the bottom portion a faded aqua~~found a perfect metal drawer handle at Hobby to replace the old one~~

I love the tall skinny legs; my "French wicker basket" fits perfectly underneath; when I finish this project will show and tell~~


Oh~~but, here is the project I'm working on while the paint is drying to the table~~

Bought two boxes of vintage Shiny Brite's in aqua for $3.25 each; ~3~ sweet frames being painted white and will be part of my Christmas vignette~~each frame was only .50 cents~~


All my goodies were bought at our local Catholic Charity shop except the Shiny Brites; I bought those at the antique store Monday; and my $1.25 sewing table bought a few weeks back at Habitat Restore.
  I just love a good bargain~~have you found some neat treasures to decorate for Christmas?

Let's go here and party~~


BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE





16 comments:

  1. I love your treasures. I have had many angle like that and I dressed them in vintage lace and used angle hair for the hair. I think painted white in your basket will be great look. Thanks for sharing. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Patty, you did great! I love the crystal lamp base. I can't believe you only paid $1.25 for the sewing machine table! I can't wait to see when you're done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing finds on the cheap! I must say that the turquoise ornaments are my fave! Thanx for coming to party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a load of thrifty finds. The tree will be so pretty painted white. Love that lamp base as a candle holder. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some amazing treasures. Thank you for stopping by my place. I am your newest follower.
    Audrey at eleganteconomies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Those are awesome finds. I can't believe how little you spent too! I want to get out and do some 'treasure hunting' this week--hope i have time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you show the angel and basket project when you get it finished. You have an amazing eye for the potential...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my blog! I love your frugal finds (my favorite kind!) but most especially the Shiny Brites! It's my favorite time of the year to thrift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds. I love to get a thrifty thrill. I love the Shiny Brite ornaments. Pretty color and the box is a collectible. Great share.
    Have a great evening.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow $1.25 for the sewing table wonderful! Laura Cottage and Broome

    ReplyDelete
  11. As soon as I opened your post, I started imagining spray paint! These are going to be great in future projects!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun seeing your haul of treasures that you came home with...I have that same green toile fabric...and I never even thought of using it at Christmas time, I think I will now :) Can't wait to see your aqua finished table..I bet it's gonna be gorgeous! You are one bargain huntin' lady...you got some awesome deals...I always love me an under dollar deal too! You just can't beat that :)
    Big hugs,
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing junk treasures found and restored. The collection of items you display here are wonderful! Great finds. I have joined your followers list and invite you to join my followers list; as well,I hope you will grab a blog button. Hugs, Gayle
    http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds! I just made a HUGE thrift store(s) haul myself this week. Let the projects begin! Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. You certainly have a good eye for great finds. Sounds as if you have wonderful plans for every piece. Can't wait to see the reveals. Warm Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You really snagged a lot of treasure. I can't wait to see the holiday vignettes you create from all these beauties. The combination of aqua and white will make such a magical setting. ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday this week.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete