Sunday, November 13, 2011

Metal Bucket and Dimestore Pictures


I recently found another big round galvanize bucket~~and before I repurpose it for something, I'm using it to store my leftover florals from projects~~stuck in the corner of the "junk room" (a.k.a.~~my little office/junk storage/sewing room); decided it looked pretty enough to photo it~~


Before putting away the fall vignettes~~a dimestore type picture and frame for .25 cents; I love the simplicity of this one~~




This is a small canvas painting without frame; pretty muted colors~~the depiction of downtown with shoppers~~


~~and still working on that old sewing machine table! ~~but, hey~~I'm getting closer to the finish line on this project; my next step is to darken the aqua with a stain and wax~~


~~and paint the chandelier (that's still in the box)~~


I'm so in love with the color of aqua to a few pieces of my furniture and would never have thought to do this if it weren't for seeing all the pretty projects from your blogs;

   I'm going to stop with these two pieces though; don't want to over~do it with my new, favorite color~~can't wait to "tone it down" with the stain and wax for that antique~y feel and look.
Hope to see you here at this party~~~




 

6 comments:

  1. busy busy, very pretty,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your vingette. The dollar store frame is very pretty in that setup. I've looked for that bucket too, but I only found another piece. I'll do a post to show you during the spring. Remind me...I forget...a lot!! lol. Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just cannot pass up a bird print...if it's reasonably priced. Yours is so charming. You could even use it for Christmas decorating.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers look great. What a super idea.

    The aqua table's going to look fabulous, too.

    Thanks for sharing. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving aqua too! Haven't done any furniture in it though - that's pretty brave of you :) I want that little drawer!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty prints you found. Loving the color of that sewing table! It's going to look fabulous!
    I have seen a lot of that color in blogland too.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete