Sunday, January 15, 2012

French Stencil


I've wanted to try a harlequin~French design on something~~


~~this little table I bought several months ago at CC for under $5.00~~



~~white base painted then added my own diamond shape in gray paint to the top;  sanded and distressed before adding the French stencil~~



~~then more light sanding~~added a quick swipe of walnut stain; finished off with a matte sealer to protect the surface~~






I've found some really wonderful stencils through Etsy; my next attempt at some antique~y looking signs using large stencil letters and numbers on old cabinet doors found at the resale shop.   Have you stenciled something recently?

~~Joining the parties here this week; see you there!



http://diyshowoff.com/

The DIY Show Off

Three Mango Seeds

http://cherishedtreasures-terry.blogspot.com/     


http://www.homemakeronadime.com/


BLOG TITLE

you are talking too much

Polly Want a Crafter

22 comments:

  1. Oh, I LUV it. Great design. You rocked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely...love the stenciling and it is perfect for small accessories! Thanks for sharing! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using the harlequin background really made this piece look special! You really got your money's worth out of this little table. I ♥ it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh my, this turned out awesome!! Love it!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Love how your table turned out! I have a sofa table that I bought at a yard sale that I want to try something 'Frenchy' on. As a matter of fact, I stenciled a polka dot frame earlier today. Nothing like your project. Mine was quick and easy. Thanks for sharing!
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did great! It looks so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That turned out great! Love the combo of diamonds and script.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a lovely job. I love this. I wish I were as crafty as you. Have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have that same little angel...I wish I had somewhere lovely as that table on which to place him!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. your table turned out so fabulous, i love the parisian feel of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job of transforming the little table. So cute and a great diamond pattern underneath. Nice layering.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this little side table! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Following you too. :)

    Clydia
    threemangoseeds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty piece, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your table re-do is fabulous...so lovely! Thanks for sharing!

    ♥charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your Paris table turned out beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bought this stencil off of ebay; put in French Stencil in search engine and you should find it easily. Thanks for inquiring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love not only the color you painted it but the stencil you used on it. Such a beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  18. cute. and love that stencil font.

    blessings
    barb

    ReplyDelete