Friday, January 27, 2012

Fabrics


I bought these fabrics for pillows (just temporarily wrapped around existing pillows to give myself an idea if I like these patterns together)~~


I think the chevron pattern updates my family room~~and the floral has enough taupe/browns that match the mocha color chenille of the sofa/chair~~


I've also bought a large bolt of the damask pattern with pretty bird (it's a large pattern)~~this I'm making into curtain panels for the big window~~


The larger print helps balance out the high ceilings; even though all my rooms in this old house are boxy~~still gives an open feeling with larger door openings into each room~~I have to keep the fabrics within the same tones and color contrasting~~due to the fact you can view one room into the next. 

I'm having a hard time deciding fabrics to use at the windows and not be too repetitous with the same patterns~~


~in the background you'll see a "long crack" in the old door~~another fixing to do~~love these old panel~type doors; one on each side of the room.  My husband thought we should take them down, but I love how they flank the doorway; it defines this area into the next~~

As I get more confident in my room progress I will post more pictures~~so much to do yet. 

~Have a great weekend~

12 comments:

  1. Great fabric. It goes great with that wonderful clock in the back ground.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was skimming through my blog reader and your fabrics stopped me in my tracks. I love all of them! They are exactly my choice color palette. I know I'm late on the fashion trend but I'm just now falling in love with chevron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see more. love everything so far!
    hugs,
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fabric choices especially the floral one. Can't wait to see when you're all done. Have a wonderful weekend, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabric choices!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the chevron and the floral looks great with it - good choices!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fabric choices are just lovely. So neutral, serene and calming! :) I'm sure it will be just beautiful when you are done with them! Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend!


    Hugs,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty fabrics! Can't wait to see the drapes... XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your choice of fabrics is terrific, Patty! I can't wait to see how they pull everything together in the room. And I love your paneled doors. I wouldn't want to take them down either. ;)

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those fabrics & they look beautiful together. I really like your use of the flashcards in your latest post. I'm just so amazed at all the talent & great ideas here in blogland! Thanks so much for sharing!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your fabric choices! They patterns compliment each other very nicely! Good luck with your projects!

    ReplyDelete