Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Feed~Sack Mannequin

~~~This was a sweet project that involved little time, little sewing and lots of hot~glue.  I love how she turned out.  I'm using this at my booth to display jewelry and/or vintage aprons~~~


Here are my fabrics and plastic form~~


I used a thin sheet of (the pink stuff) housing insulation and drew my outline of the form onto it~~


Hotglue the form onto the backing; I used a wide trim piece to adhere with hotglue to seam the two parts together~~then using batting and covered front and back.  Now~~ready to cut out my pattern right onto the front and the back~~


 Sewing a dart seam to the ticking fabric; and I liked the idea to stitch the ruffle onto the feedstack for a "tailored~look".  (can a feedsack look tailored???)~~




The hook added before starting the project (comes with the forms~~you can buy the plastic forms off of ebay for about $18.00 -- $20.00 for a set of three; not too bad a price really)~~or check around the resale shops. 


I added roses to the bottom of hook with the left~over feedsack fabric and stitched a band to go around her neck (that "tailored look" again~~;-)


Going to join these parties this week; check out all the inspiration found here and thank you to the hostesses!


Polly Want a Crafter





CLICK TO JOIN LINKY PARTY






No Minimalist Here







28 comments:

  1. Very cute! I like the jewelry displayed. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very clever and it looks fabulous!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore this. I want to make one its on my loooong list of things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This might be the only dress form I'd be able to afford and yours is CUTE.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome project!! Wish I were talented that way.... it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How creative! This is so unique. I would never have thought to use a feed sack to cover a mannequin that way. It's just fabulous!

    Thanks for linking your creativity to the party. I love seeing your projects.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super cool idea! Thanx for sharing with us and linking up to Treasure Hunt Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! A really original idea!
    Bye Bye by Francy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute love the old feed sack mixed the other material genuis



    janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found you over at the vintage farmhouse, This is so cute.. you did a great job on this project... glad I found you... happy to be following you blog

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! You'd never know that it was plastic underneath. I love the feed sack and the way you cut it at an angle. Very nice and a creative way to display jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has to be the cutest dress form EVER! So very creative of you to come up with this idea. I love it! Thank you so much for joining the Open House party this week.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops..Forgot to mention I am now following.
    :) Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am unaware of these forms...but what a great idea...I love how you put the ruffle on it...I'd be loading that girl up with some blingy necklaces!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Man, you did a great job! Lovin it..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love her! You did an amazing job... I think I need to head on over and purchase myself a form. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I Have to Have one of these! Looks like my craft to-do list just got a little longer! UGH!! Thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. WHat a great project, and you did a fabulous job :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You really made something beautiful out of something that was originally only functional!! I would have never thought it was the same item!! This will work wonderful in your booth.

    XoXo,
    Kristal

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this....
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a creative idea. I just love how it turned out. Great finds too, I have never been to a Habitat Resale shop, I think we have one in our area that needs to be visited.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great idea, thanks for the how-to in putting this together. it turned out wonderfully. thanks for linking up with VIF, xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  23. http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/2011/08/highlights-from-29-and-sneak-peek-at.html#more

    i featured you! thanks for partying with me!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Clever and so imaginative! I have three forms up in my sewing room. You've inspired me to attempt something like this. It's really adorable. : )
    Now following!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  25. you are sooooooo clever!!! she turned out perfectly beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete