Sunday, April 29, 2012

Chicken Wire Project & Flour Sack Towels



If you read my last post about the "tissue wrapping paper project"~~here's another similar project for an old wood, oval frame (painted, tissue images applied and distressed)





Chicken wire cut and stapled to the back side~~





Using some old wooden clothes-pins:  painted a few~~mod-podged some "wordy-things" to a few~~





Makes a sweet message board~~

Added a vintage hook to one side of the frame~~






Walmart sells these flour sack kitchen towels "on the cheap"~~~you can stencil on these just beautifully using fabric paints~~












It's a rainy day here today~~perfect for indoor projects.

  Oh~~here's a fabulous website to go to for those of you who want discount, large quantities of (new) white flour sack towels for projects~~I'm buying a supply for my projects for the booths.


www.towelsandhome.com

Joining up here for these parties:


http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/


Mod Vintage Life

8 comments:

  1. Hello,I just found your lovely blog! I know I will spend many hours pouring over every thing. Its is just like finding a new magazine that you didn't know existed! I can't wait to try my hand at the paper projects. I was hoping there might be place on your blog or another site that explains the transfer process in a very easy way for someone like me who will be trying it for the first time.I love your blog and can't wait to enjoy it!Thank you, Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a charming little project. I knew I'd like it as soon as I read "chicken wire."

    ReplyDelete
  3. First your header is just beautiful!
    I also love this project and thanks for the heads up on the towels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is one good looking project! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog. Great projects here, following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous idea ...love those t-towels..off I go to Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I featured this today at Mod Mix Monday!


    http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com/2012/05/mod-mix-monday-49.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your blog! You made some really cute things out of chicken wire and flour sacks, those were my favorite! I read an article on flour sack towels and how they sold them to raise funds to open restaurants! Pretty cool if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete