Thursday, August 25, 2011

$4.00 Autumn

Queen of Cheapo~~today is half price at the local resale shop; of course I can't miss out on potential bargains (I was not going to indulge this week, but after seeing all the wonderful things you've shown on your blogs~~well, it's your fault. HA!)~~love, love the inspiration I get from your homes and decorating tips!

Anyhow~~I'm only showing the $2.00 worth of my goodies~~



Brought home these pretty fall~silks with acorns, berries, pine~cones for my ugly shelf: I have not refinished this section of the house yet~~this huge built~in shelf is what you see when you first enter in the front door~~I have plans to use wider, trims/moldings eventually.


Pulled out the apothecary jars for added interest~~you've seen my one jar filled with dried roses probably a gazillion times~~I love it for vignettes for autumn.  And clipped some berry twigs off the crab~apple tree for another jar.  Natural colored nuts/hulls in yet another~~


I don't like much clutter on my shelves~~but, added the ceramic pumpkin for a little extra color~~


See that darling frame with all those gorgeous people?  Who are they??  ~~~I bought the frame recently from Hobby Lobby to add "updated" black and white photos of my own gorgeous family soon!


Will share my other $2.00 worth of goodies later this weekend~~got to go paint a door right now after having this nice break for the day.  Are you starting to drag out the fall deco's too? 

Sharing my thoughts here this week:


BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE


16 comments:

  1. You have a great start on your fall decorating and it looks great! love the shelfs with all the goodies on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving it!! I am sooo ready for fall, and fall decorating, and fall cooking, and fall clothes. Need I go on and on? Lol You already have everything looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, haven't drug out any Fall decortions yet - but am certainly thinking about it! Got a big pumpkin growing in my garden that I'm excited about. Nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your vignette; the apothecary jars look great and the fall silk arrangement is just perfect.

    I will not be decorating for fall until late September. I just love summer and want to extend it as long as possible.

    Of course, that doesn't stop me from buying fall decorations now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the contents of your apothecary jars. You are making me yearn for fall now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is getting closer to that time of the year isn't it? Your fall vignette definitely has me itching to bring out some of my own decor but I just need it to not be 90 degrees. LOL! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely pieces with us at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Fall decor looks great. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's caught the "Fall Bug!"
    :) CAS

    ReplyDelete
  8. This shelf turned out wonderfully for fall. Amazing what a few dollars can do, thanks so much for linking up with VIF, xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifuldecor, looks great, I lake it!

    Have a nice weekend, kisses:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the whole shelf! Dn't you love it when you find the beautiful faux vines and flowers at the thrift store and know how much they would have cost at a regular retail store?! Great thrift find! Thanks for joining TTF and have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your mantle..can you believe fall is one month away? crazy! I hope you will link up with me here:
    http://www.thegingerbreadblog.com/2011/08/sweet-saturday-v2.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finally something about autumn or fall as we southerners say. With the high temps. it was a great relief to be able to think of my favorite time of the year.
    Looks like you already have your mantle decorated.
    I am coming from the Picket Fense, drop by to see me.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your start on Fall decorating is lovely!! Love the half price days at the thrifts too~ Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your shelves look wonderful all decked out with your colorful vignette. I've already started my Fall decorating "big time!" It's my way of chasing away the "I can't stand the AZ heat anymore" whine that's going on in my mind - well, okay, I say it out loud sometimes, too....lol!
    :) CAS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my GOODNESS. Everything looks fabulous. GREAT JOB. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't like clutter either, but I love to collect. Unfortunately, my collections tend to equal clutter, at times. But...it's ALWAYS pretty clutter. ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete