Thursday, September 5, 2013

Wicker Hamper and Old Chair Projects

I bought a vintage wicker hamper and ladder back chair for $3.00 each.  The chair I have had for a long time and finally added it to the project list.  The black paint projects were lined up~~here's two of them:



Here's an older picture below of wood chair (one of my junk finding days)~~



Painted with home~made black chalk paint and lightly distressed;


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~a black and white Toile pillow looks sweet with the French script padded seat~~
 
 
 
 
 
Below is the cute hamper; it was in dire/desperate condition; really was a fabulous $3.00 bargain~~
 
 
 

 

 
 ~~and below is a picture of it white with plastic vinyl in it's prior
life~~

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 







 

 
 

~~Geez~~I found this fabric in my stash and forgot I even had this; was a perfect little touch after padding the lid~~used a bit of jute trim around the edges~~

 


 

 
~~Thanks for stopping by~~I'm off to see what you've been up to.  Have a great day and many blessings!  ~patty~

5 comments:

  1. Loved your makeover of the wicker hamper. I received one just like it at my wedding shower 55 years ago. It has been used everyday of those 55 years. While it isn't in bad shape, it could use a makeover -- thanks for the inspiration. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a transformation! Love the chair and fabric. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great transformations! I love both pieces. I need to try that chalk paint some time. I love the distressed finish you gave the chair. Super fabric choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Great!! I remember we had one of those hampers growing up... If I only had it now!! Thanks for sharing.. Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete