Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chair Challenged

~~This week's shopping experience at the local Habitat Resale Shop:  a vintage desk chair for $2.00; a 1970's side chair complete with "mauve" upholstery for $5.00~~~(Please excuse my unfinished walls in
 the background~~we are still working at it!)~~


I have a thing for that cane backing on chairs; my vintage dining room set is also caned.  I want to paint both chairs white and reupholster. 

Also above; a galvanized tool carrier, metal strainer and bread basket.

Below: I found a this neat "tool" to use for projects and a large wooden pedestal base~~


A crocheted collar complete with a little pearl button~~such sweet handiwork for only $1.50~~


~~Vintage flower frog for $1.00~~



~~This $2.00 black and white print in a wide, chunky wood frame:  I'm thinking that frame painted white would make that awesome mansion stand out~~I was intrigued by this for some reason; looks as if it may have been originally drawn with pencil.  Beautiful.



~~Gutter guards??? No, no~~these are my little crowns for vintage flower pots!  (but, they are vintage guttering guards)~~


I love them.  They look like galvanized royalty to me!  What would you do with them?


I'm joining in with these fun, inspiring parties:









CLICK TO JOIN LINKY PARTY