Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chair Challenged

~~This week's shopping experience at the local Habitat Resale Shop:  a vintage desk chair for $2.00; a 1970's side chair complete with "mauve" upholstery for $5.00~~~(Please excuse my unfinished walls in
 the background~~we are still working at it!)~~


I have a thing for that cane backing on chairs; my vintage dining room set is also caned.  I want to paint both chairs white and reupholster. 

Also above; a galvanized tool carrier, metal strainer and bread basket.

Below: I found a this neat "tool" to use for projects and a large wooden pedestal base~~


A crocheted collar complete with a little pearl button~~such sweet handiwork for only $1.50~~


~~Vintage flower frog for $1.00~~



~~This $2.00 black and white print in a wide, chunky wood frame:  I'm thinking that frame painted white would make that awesome mansion stand out~~I was intrigued by this for some reason; looks as if it may have been originally drawn with pencil.  Beautiful.



~~Gutter guards??? No, no~~these are my little crowns for vintage flower pots!  (but, they are vintage guttering guards)~~


I love them.  They look like galvanized royalty to me!  What would you do with them?


I'm joining in with these fun, inspiring parties:









CLICK TO JOIN LINKY PARTY


11 comments:

  1. what great finds, will be anxious to see the chair finished! Love the flower pot crowns! I think they look great in the clay pots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds, you always find great, useful, unique things. I can't wait to see your home redo completed. I am sure it will be amazing. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your finds! The gutter guards, oh my word I have one and did not know what it was.....I really thought it was some kind of flower frog.....NOW I KNOW! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gutter guards! I've never seen them before and now I want some. I love your idea and I want to borrow it!

    Great finds. The wooden pedestal would be a nice cake stand. That collar is so sweet.

    The picture of the mansion is intriguing. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, now I desparately want some gutter guards!!!!!! You are starting a new craze. What awesome finds you have!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you found some great things!!!! Can't wait to see how the chairs turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found lots of neat stuff ! I really like those gutter guard crowns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...you found some wonderful new treasures! I love to collect vintage flower frogs and that black & white picture...to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, love your finds! All of them are just fantastic and such great prices! I will be featuring this post in next week's Thrifty Things Friday party! Thanks for joining TTF and have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those little "crowns" in the flower pots. I can just see them with ivy tumbling out! thanks for linking up to VIF, xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such wonderful vintage goodies! I love the print with the cows and your gutter guards. I've been looking for both those objects for so long that I've ALMOST given up finding either.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete