Monday, August 15, 2011

Pre~Autumn Thinking~~

~~Just about everyone is feeling it.  I love fall time; it's my favorite season and I'm pulling out/putting up the summery stuff; getting excited to decorate with pumpkins and autumn leaves~~


I've been moving things around and feeling "lame" with my bookshelf downstairs~~still tweaking it until I add some autumn elements.  My favorite prints will stay along with the wooden chest/boxes:


These two prints were bought separately; I didn't realize they were both (vintage reproductions) of Anton Mauve, Dutch realist painter.  I was so intrigued by his style~~researched on the internet about him.  He was married to the cousin of Vincent van Gogh~~there is an interesting story behind that.


This print I cannot find an antique frame to fit; it is an unusual size, so I'm taking it Hobby Lobby and have them frame it for me.  HL has an amazing selection of framing materials~~


My sister gave me this little print many years ago; she found an antique greeting card and had it framed for me.  I love the muted colors; adorable kittens in that green basket.


Tomorrow another project day; painting more trim work and want to work on my bargain end~table; maybe sew the curtains for the dining room.  Are you ready for fall decorating too?