Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Old Drying Rack ~ Herb & Flower


Not really old, but made to look that way;

Here's my tray box I originally made to fit over a metal table and it didn't fit; so I made a drying rack/gathering tray.




Added some little hooks for drying herbs and flowers~~
and hardware wire to the back~~



Stencilled every which way on the boards to appear as though box was made of "vintage French boards"~~; )




~~a sweet gathering box/tray~~




Standing on it's side; ready to pretty up the counter or wall drying bundles of oregano, thyme, rosemary~~




~~the aroma is wonderful~~




Here's my small jars awaiting for more dried herbs~~




Lovely in the fall/winter for stews, soups, baked fish/chicken/pork~~


Much cheaper and so much better when you grow your own food~stuff~~



Thanks for stopping by~~have an awesome day!  I'm off to do a little painting on another project.

~patty~

Sharing here at these parties:


Rooted In Thyme

Boogieboard Cottage


{Primp}


17 comments:

  1. From opps to awesome!!! Good save!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you do such an awesome job inspiring us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is this! I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hei! This is so lovely blogg, so beautiful pictures and inspiring ideas:)
    Have a nice week !
    Greetings and hugs from Finland by decoratingblogg SisustEllen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!!! It is perfect for your herbs! The stenciling and colors are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea and it's so CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just Followed. Love your look. Have a good day.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable! would love to have you link up to the garden party this week at Fishtail Cottage?!? xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty, Patti! Great idea! I made a serving tray out of a shallow, old drawer I found at the local ReStore. Now I know what to do with the next one I bring home! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything you do is incredible! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my...I LOVE it, and thanks so much for sharing it at my party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. What are the type of the flowers you used in your Rack collection? It is an informative blog for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this creative way to dry flowers on Simple & Sweet Fridays. Love it!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! You've been featured on Simple & Sweet Fridays for this very creative drying rack. Thanks so much for sharing it. Don't forget to grab a button if you'd like. Have a wonderful week!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete