Thursday, August 23, 2012

Junk Finds & Paintin' Faux Pumpkins


They're everywhere right now.  Those poor cast off plastic pumpkins.  I bought a box of them for 25c each~~with a plan in mind to paint them and decorate my booths at the shop~~




~~Below: bought all three of these items for practically pennies~~painted them all a shiny black for a Halloween/fall theme~~




Below~~two large cake pans 1.50 each and an old wooden cow for 2.00~~



Spray painted the inside and out (the plastic pumpkins) with a "cheap" can of white spray paint from the Dollar Store~~then hand brushed on some thicker white paint~~
~~added a wooden "handle" with wire~~





~~and this big, orange 1976 Watkins tin (50c) has just the perfect fall colors!




There's that old wooden cow!  White~washed with a little paint and had to add a stencil effect~~



~~below the orange raffia type pumpkins (bought 3 of them) for 50c each at Salvation Army~~I like to tuck them in with my autumn arrangements~~



~~and you can't beat Walmart sunflowers by the bundles; a good deal for the money.




I'm off to see what you've been up to; thanks for stopping by~~

~patty~


Party going on here:

BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGERooted In Thymehttp://www.jenniferrizzo.com/









20 comments:

  1. Fabulous finds, even better prices, and the final product, well, Patty you never cease to amaze me. Beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love pumpkins and so excited about fall coming. You are well on your way! Ciao, have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recycling!!! I think they might be old pumpkins tho!!! Halloween stuff is in demand around here!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute. Great job! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything! It all ties in so well together, great job!!
    Saw you at Jennifer's Creative Friday
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a great job you did with all of these great finds! Love how the cow turned out. Your vingette looks so pretty. I can't wait for fall!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I paid $15 for someone to do me a pumpkin with a bow and no flowers! My goodness! These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to paint those plastic orange pumpkins ~ thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to stop by and tell you how much I appreciate your creative ideas. I like reading blogs, but I don't like the ones that just showcase whatever they spent a bunch of money on. Anyone can do that. It takes inspiration and creativity to do what you do. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Clara
    Redeemedjunkandstuff

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patty, Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful creative project on Simple & Sweet Fridays. Fantastic job painting the pumpkins white. Can't wait to see more of your great ideas for the fall!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds Patty and they all look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patty, Just wanted to let you know that you were featured on Simple & Sweet Fridays for this creative post on faux painting junk, such a good idea. Thanks for sharing and grab a button if you'd like. Have a wonderful weekend!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Fabulous finds and ideas! Love the plastic pumpkins painted white... brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so creative, Patty with all of your "finds"...love all the fall decor you've made for just pennies! Great blog, I love it! Thanks for following along with me and the best of luck to you on my "Paris "Mondays" giveaways! xoxo's Pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic decorating ideas. Thank you! I love the wooden handle you added to the plastic pumpkin-it really transforms it. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the decorations and the crafty creativity of your pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a very beautiful blog and I enjoyed scrolling through your posts. I decided to become a follower and I will look forward to your future posts :) By the way, I love the sheep with the 'Amish Flour Milling CO' on it. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing the information to build links to sites. It was informative. I need more articles on Wireless Void Phones.

    ReplyDelete