Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bargain Days



Above:  This week I was on the search for items to put in my little booth at the antique mall.   Found some sweet china~~(the quilted shams are discounts from Target~~they are for my daybed~~love those colors and the birdies on them!)

Catholic Charity had some cute items this week:  I already had the red sugar pour (Is that what it is??)~~so I wanted to add these crocheted items together on a shelf at my booth:
The huge metal industrial type tray~~perfect for garden pots~~$1.00



The yellow shams for $1.00 each; look brand new~~I'm keeping these for display purposes on the daybed~~in my little office/junk~room/photo shootin' room~~I have a "thing" for pillow shams and love to change them out when doing my blog.

Yellow antique bowl for 50 cents~~
All the lovely glass~ware: 10 cents each at our local Habitat Resale Shop bought this Tuesday:




And the blue books for 25 cents each~~that old saying isn't true anymore; "Can't judge a book by it's cover"~~well, at least in blogland you can!


I'm on a tight budget for awhile~~so I am limiting my junkin' spending money to $20.00 this week and still had some cash leftover (I'll use it next week I'm sure);
And I didn't picture everything today~~will save some for posting tomorrow~~
Going to start some dinner then have a cup of hot tea and see what you're up to!

14 comments:

  1. Love all the crochet items and the blue bird shams. I wish I would have purchased the set at Target when it was available. At least the shower Curtain. ~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet finds. Just lovely ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good we don't go thrifting together - we'd each want the same thing! Love that tray - looks good with your syrup pitcher. Great finds. Isn't it fun?

    ReplyDelete
  4. just love the crotchet dress all the pot holders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds.....but I so am in love with those yellow shams!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found some really fun things, especially the crochet! I love hitting the yard sales and thrift stores especially when I can come home with some real treasures for so little money.
    Faye
    wildrosevintage

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the yellow bowl and pillow shams. Great finds!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with your blog, is wonderful!:)
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great finds - I love the china and can't believe how cheap the glassware was. Liking the metal tray too, definitely good for the garden

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and becoming a follower. I don't know how I missed your delightful blog. I've been surfing your posts and love all the cute items especially that green bunny pitcher. I don't know how you find all these lovely items.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sweet crochet items! Just precious! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog, Patty, thanks for commenting on my link on Romantic Home. I have a small collection of those crochet potholders, I remake into hanging towels, etc. Please stop by my blog and participate in my linky party,
    http://the4rsRamblings.blogspot.com
    LInky #3 is a giveaway, please put your items up on it!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for stopping by my place te other day! I'm visiting yo back and I'm in love with your blog! LOL!! So glad I found you! :o)
    ~Terry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds! Love those potholders!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete