Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wooden Drawer


I don't know how much more rain we can take.  We are more fortunate than some~~so really I should not complain.  Just let me whine a little~~I'm tired of mud puddles~~we should be getting some sunshine Thursday and Friday!  I'll be outside trimming hedges.


I recently found these adorable vintage~like placemats set of four; all for $1.25.  Pretty with white ironstone.


When it rains~~I just vignette a little.  I love this drawer (it belongs to a little bedside table); today it houses some old bottles and a rooting of a philo~houseplant.  You know I love houseplants~~good feng shui!



I've been painting my dining room and preparing the walls for the new wallcover on top half of walls: background is pale tan/beige with white leaves.  Contrasted lower half with existing chair~rail and beadboard looking wallpaper.  Have you heard about it??  I got my info from other bloggers and it truly is beautiful stuff
 (and paintable!)~~~I will get photos as I can to show you~~

Above: my wallcover~~I'm thinking it will look good with all my whites in the dining room.  When will it be done?  ~~ I'm slow, but I'll get there and picture my progress soon.



And I need to paint the ceilings, get a new chandelier over the dining table~~one project seems to bring on several more~~does that happen to you?  Have a great day and if you are having sunshine please enjoy!  Smiles and hugs~~~~~

I'm linking up with:


BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE


Suzanne Link Badge





16 comments:

  1. Love your ironstone:) I hate rain to. I got to get out in the yard the other day and plant some flowers and just enjoy the sunshine, its so relaxing isnt it! Well, till you see the first snake of the year and go running back in the house! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! and the drawer vignette is adorable! Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos. Love your vignettes. It WAS sunny out, now it's overcast again. More rain? Probably. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to paint, too- but I hate the prep work. New chandelier? Now that sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many wonderful finds! I love the little drawer vignette! I think I would not be able to part with the little aqua shelf. It looks perfect there. I can't believe all the milk glass you found and for so little money. I feel like a packrat just reading your blog. I would want to keep everything!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely vignettes. I saw a little drawer sitting by the curb the other day...darn! now I wished I would have brought it home...yours is so cute. Oh...by the way, I love your wallpaper ~ pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you are busy! Love everything you are going to do.
    and yes, I am the same way...it never ends!
    gail
    p.s. thanks for putting up with my venting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you've filled the drawer and I also love the color of that basket tray!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wall covering! Sweet vignette too!
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man! These are some great finds! Love it! Thanks for coming by and taking a look at my home!

    http://gardenberger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can never find drawers! I love that one and the way you're displaying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that little covered dish! The dish part looks similar to one I found {but it had no lid or dish underneath}. Love that drawer! What a great idea to bring it out and do some vignettes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet finds and I love your drawer. Your basket of bottle adds a nice touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty little drawer and great idea to use it in a vignette!
    Happy day!
    xojanis

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep; it happens to me ALL the time. I've ALWAYS got projects waiting in the wings. ;)

    Thanks for sharing at Time Travel Thursday.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI
    i would like to say thank you about this cool post, and this idea very helpful to me and nice article
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete