Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cottage Kitchen Things


I do not have a big, beautiful designer kitchen.  I'm such a coward to show you the current "before" pictures as we are creating my little cottage~kitchen~dream~~BUT~~


~~soon I'll be brave enough to show you the wood "tongue and groove" ceiling we put in~~my little 1930's red~topped island~~and my favorite little 3~tier shelf above my cooking stove~~


~~no~~I don't have a beautiful kitchen.  I have an old house that says "love me as you can"~~I've made it comfy and cottage~y.  And I'm going to picture my little dream kitchen soon (as soon) as I get over the "it's not beautiful to blog about".
  I love it anyway~~


And here's my favorite little things I just found to put on my white~cottage~y 3 tier shelf~~I'm scared and excited to share.  Isn't that ridiculous?

Just sayin~~

Have a great week and see you on the next post!

17 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your kitchen! Love the cute vintage kitchen gadgets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your kitchen is going to be fabulous! I can't wait to see it. I already love these vintage kitchen tools, the sifter is darling. Lots of delicious baking started with flour in that sifter, xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why makeovers are so cool... we are able to see the before and after! So, show us your before, we would love seeing your creative mind at work! Just saying...
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in an old house, too, and our kitchen is not at all a "designer" kitchen. In fact, nothing in my house really says "designer." And that's what I love about it. I love quirky interiors that look like they evolved over time. Of course, I appreciate the beauty of "decorated" rooms, but it's not really my style. Character and comfort -- that's what our home is about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the "love me as I am" motto. I used to live in a 1960 ranch and moved into a brand new 2004 ranch. It just doesn't feel like home. The kitchen especially. I am trying to make it reflect my personality but it isn't working out. I can't wait to see what you have done.~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I was the only one with a dated kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the red/country cottage look. I was once a collector of the white and red enamelware and combined it wih the very finds that you have here. I miss that kitchen! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kitchen is very very dated...I still have metal cabinets! But I love it...including the 'running board' sink! Can't wait to see yours.

    Naturally, I love old kitchen gadgets and mine is full of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these treasures. I don't have a designer kitchen either, but I love it the way it is. Create your cottage kitchen and love it. NEVER be ashamed ;-)

    ReplyDelete