Thursday, August 15, 2013

Drying Hydrangeas and Fall Wreaths

 
Hey, almost the weekend~~and no rain forecasted! 
I stenciled up a cute little tool box; leaving the natural wood for the background~~
 
I'm using it to hold my faux flowers;  bought at the dollar store and picked up some pretty vines and several bags of brand new, unused Eucalyptus in a rusty/orange color at Cath. Charities for only $1.00~~perfect for some autumn arrangements. 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
Walmart had this lovely natural burlap ribbon; 7 yards to a spool; can get several bows out of that;
 

 
There is a Etsy dealer who specializes in vintage and primitive~looking labels (sorry, don't remember her store name)~~ I purchased several packages from her to add to jars, bottles, tins~~such as the one on this wreath~~
 
I pick up little thrift~stuff (like this cute little tin can) for pennies~~added a label~~such sweetness to wreaths and floral arrangements~~
 

 
 
There are several ways to dry Hydrangeas: my only successful way is to cut them; remove leaves and put them in vases with water; when the water has evaporated, the floral heads are dry and ready to use~~
 
 
 
 
Below:  this is faux (my inexpensive flowers from Dollar Store and Cath. Charity);
mixed with my dried Hydrangeas!!
 
~~and~~I bought three grapevine wreaths for $1.00 each at the local thrift shop!
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
Here's the big hoop I bought last year; and finally did something with it: used some black paint stenciling onto burlap.
 
 

 
 
What projects have you been working on lately?  Are you thinking of autumn projects already? 
 
Have a lovely upcoming weekend~~
 
Patty
 
See you at this party~~
 
 
CLICK TO JOIN LINKY PARTY