Thursday, August 15, 2013

Drying Hydrangeas and Fall Wreaths

 
Hey, almost the weekend~~and no rain forecasted! 
I stenciled up a cute little tool box; leaving the natural wood for the background~~
 
I'm using it to hold my faux flowers;  bought at the dollar store and picked up some pretty vines and several bags of brand new, unused Eucalyptus in a rusty/orange color at Cath. Charities for only $1.00~~perfect for some autumn arrangements. 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
Walmart had this lovely natural burlap ribbon; 7 yards to a spool; can get several bows out of that;
 

 
There is a Etsy dealer who specializes in vintage and primitive~looking labels (sorry, don't remember her store name)~~ I purchased several packages from her to add to jars, bottles, tins~~such as the one on this wreath~~
 
I pick up little thrift~stuff (like this cute little tin can) for pennies~~added a label~~such sweetness to wreaths and floral arrangements~~
 

 
 
There are several ways to dry Hydrangeas: my only successful way is to cut them; remove leaves and put them in vases with water; when the water has evaporated, the floral heads are dry and ready to use~~
 
 
 
 
Below:  this is faux (my inexpensive flowers from Dollar Store and Cath. Charity);
mixed with my dried Hydrangeas!!
 
~~and~~I bought three grapevine wreaths for $1.00 each at the local thrift shop!
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
Here's the big hoop I bought last year; and finally did something with it: used some black paint stenciling onto burlap.
 
 

 
 
What projects have you been working on lately?  Are you thinking of autumn projects already? 
 
Have a lovely upcoming weekend~~
 
Patty
 
See you at this party~~
 
 
CLICK TO JOIN LINKY PARTY
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Cute Patty! Love all the flowers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the fall wreath and the hydrangeas. Both are lovely and timeless.

    I'm thinking of fall and winter now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wreaths, and hydrangeas are my favorite, along with pink roses of course! I have to look for some of that burlap ribbon. Seems all the rage lately!!

    Debbie from NJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wreaths are just adorable! Beautiful job! Love the little rusty can and the burlap ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your projects, Patty. I still have not finished some "summer" ones lol and will do that before starting fall which is right around the corner!! The burlap hoop is wonderful. xo

    ReplyDelete