Monday, July 15, 2013

Vintage Metal Folding Chairs

 
Last week I was lucky enough to hit the ReStore here in town when they were having "all metal items 60% off'"~~ and I bought these "lovely" tan colored metal folding chairs for under 1.50 each:
 

 
I like the tanish paint finish on the chairs; so leaving that alone with the "natural distressed finish";  I unscrewed the seats and recovered with a pretty twill fabric~~
 

 
 
~~and stenciled on some Frenchy ~ looking numbers~~
 

 
 
 

 
 
Tomorrow, off to the booths they shall go!
 

 
 
I was asked where I bought the French No. stencil:  I buy most of my stencils from different Ebay and Etsy sellers~~there are hundreds to choose from for all your creative ideas: wood boxes, furniture, jars, papers, fabrics, boards~~~endless possibilities! 
 
 
Today, got this little "beauty" for $15.00~~oh, I fell in love with her right away.  She has such pretty potential after those gold pulls come off, scraped and repainted~~I can't wait to get her lookin' good!
 
 

 
 
Got any projects you're really excited about right now?  I can hardly contain myself when I get going; too many ideas poppin' in and out of this bean of mine! 
 
Have a great week with many Blessings!
 
~patty~
 
Joining in this fun party:
 Knick of Time Interiors

7 comments:

  1. Your chairs are adorable and great for parties :)
    Eilis
    my-heart-lives-here.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a score!!! I've got to make it back to our Re-Store! That reminds me....I think I still have some things from our last trip there that were never upcycled - now if I could only remember where I put them.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cabinet - crusty paint and all. Great idea for the folding chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you mind sharing what stencil you used for the chairs and where to get it? I've been searching.....
    LOVE your ideas!
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chairs are so cute and won't last long in your space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! I have spent hours on ebay and etsy trying to find this number stencil! Please, Please send us a site where we can get this frency number stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patty! Just curious as where your booth was? I was thinking about it & Ive bought a canister set about a year ago or so that had stenciling on it similar to yours :)That would be funny if it was yours!Im thinking about doing a craft show down here in Sept...but am a little nervous! Never did one before, I would love to have a booth, but its hard to find one down here :( Thanks again for everything! Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete