Saturday, September 25, 2010

CLINTON, IL. FLEA MARKET! ~APPLE & PORK FESTIVAL

Husband and I spent about 6 hours at the CLINTON APPLE & PORK FESTIVAL: awesome place; we go every year; tons of bargains!  Next year: we take a trailer!  My goodies arrived home and gathered on the porch (the wicker stuff is mine already). 




This next picture: these folks had a several tarps on the ground "$1.00 pickin's"--just my style; I got to dig and find some really neat stuff!!

What? Trashy you may say??  ummmm--I found silver s&p shakers, rose plate, antique powder container, antique glass cake plate, etc. etc.  LOVE IT!  But--you gotta dig (thats the best part!).

NOW----YOU'RE GONNA LOVE MY JUNK FINDS!  I SPENT VERY LITTLE AND BROUGHT HOME A TREASURE~TROVE----HERE'S THE STUFF I BOUGHT TODAY:


The ~3~ wood trim pieces and the brown suitcase all for $12.00: BARGAIN!


TWO antique folding chairs: $3.00 each.  Love, LOVE 'em.  The vintage "moody" picture is gorgeous in person; that and the rusty can; each $3.00.


My GOAL:  find cheap reasonable ironstone for my personal collection.  That big platter is Meakin Ironstone: my favorite.




LAMPS AND LAMPS!  See that little hobnail teapot?  Antique and for $1.00!!---the lid has a broken petal on the rose motiff--don't care; love it.  AND SEE THOSE PRECIOUS LITTLE COLOGNE BOTTLES?  Got a big baggie of those for $3.00--will look sweet in a bowl. Two cake stands. 
SEE THAT SILVER S&P??---$1.00--got 'em from the "tarp-people" (love that diggin').


More little stuff on the cheap (so inexpensive) side.
Glass bottles, candlestick, old sewing drawer.

But--the best bargain I think I got--is this tall cabinet for $15.00!





I want to make this into a wine cabinet and to hold my wine glasses and crystal stemware.  Will be painting this for sure; adding the shelves.  And will picture it when it's done--that may be awhile!
Lovin' the treasure hunting--and love a bargain; Don't you?  Have a GREAT week!


2 comments:

  1. wow...I love everything!!! You did great.
    thanks for visiting me today, and I am now a follower.
    and, yes, I think you can get those pods to grow just about anywhere. they are really hardy. you can buy the plant from seed or if you want I can send you a pod or two.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finds. I love the old wooden chairs. I have bought a few this summer.

    ReplyDelete