Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Feedsack Lampshade



A small strip of feedsack leftover from a project~~
to recover a lamp that " did.not.sell. " at my booth~~

(below is said lamp:  I loved it, had a really good price on it, but it just never sold).    I'm not giving up or giving in~~just gonna change out the shade for something more "today"~~




I found this sweet, vintage oval shade for $3.00~~







And some vintage striped sheeting to use for the back portion~~








Much better, don't you think?  I loved the blue toile, but I think the feedsack shade looks trendy.  I can see this tacked on a ledge of bookcase or surrounded by several vintage mirrors~~





On a good note; I made the decision to take home some other items from my booths that had been there for awhile~~but, to my suprise most had sold!  That was just the boost I needed; that inspired me to get busy creating and painting.  

I'm off to see what you've been up to; there's where my ultimate inspiration comes from and gets me all fired up!  Thanks for stopping by~~
                                          
    patty
 

10 comments:

  1. love what you did - it looks great - so is it going back to your booth? I'm sure it will sell right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it will be gone today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O'how pretty Patty! I have a feeling it will not sit long in your booth. Enjoy your day, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the lamp before. But you transformed it beautifully. I would have bought either one!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh you just gave me something to do with all of those country ham sacks that my husband insists on saving!
    I just bought a few lamps at the goodwill that I wanted to redo using some burlap on the shades ~ I love your idea much better.
    Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made one.. and it's amazing. Going to link my post about it to yours. come check it out!! Thanks for sharing this idea.

    ReplyDelete