Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mod Podge French Boxes


Hey; I just figured out home-made chalk paint works beautifully on "cardboard boxes" too!

Got a great little deal on 3-nesting-boxes at GW for $1.00; painted each one in a black, white and gray~~

Hobby and Michels sell cardboard boxes of all descriptions really cheap too (better on half-price week!)~~




I used some vintage "naturally aged" paper bought for label projects and cut them 8x11 for my printer~~copied my images right onto the aged paper~~




Above~~the "Paris" image I decided to tear along the edges to look worn.




~~and simply mod-podged the cut outs (labels) onto my painted boxes~~then mod-podge over to protect the image~~




Brown paper sacks (cut to 8x11) for printer paper would work sweetly too; would give a project that old, natural look in vintage labels~~




Off to see what you're up to this week and start (finishing-up) some delayed projects.

Thanks for stopping by; I love it when you peek in!  Have an awesome day~~

~~patty~~