Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thrifty Stool Makeover



Here's my $1.75 "what was I thinking" rolling ottoman/shelf thing~~


Below is the before:





I used home~made chalk paint; added decorative trim to the front; padding; and a
vintage feed sack for the top.







I bought two of those metal/wire baskets; I love it tucked into the shelving area:




A big wicker basket looks kinda cute too~~




Sorry for the bad pics; too hot to be outside and my lighting is terrible in this room today~~

Oh, when I brought this home dear husband thought I'd lost my mind; his comment was something to the effect that $1.75 was too much.  Ha!

I love a project (or twenty), don't you?

~patty~

6 comments:

  1. That turned out great. What a change! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I see those kinds of items at the thrift store. Would never think it could turn out so cute. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous redo! It is always so gratifying to be able to take what is unsightly to others and transform it into a vision. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful makeover and such a big difference! I love the feed sack cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - you did not disappoint. Aren't you something. Love your foresight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a fantastic job!!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete