Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Thrifts



It's 100 degrees here today!  Hauled in my loot from yesterday's thrifting and decided to take pictures in my junk room. 


See that chair in above pic?  They're rather small and very outdated~~but, for $4.00 each I bought two of them; they'll get a sweet paint job in the near future.



Two metal baskets also $4.00 each; two 25c wooden sewing machine drawer "parts", a metal wreath~~

and this poor looking rolling stool that is my next project (tonight)~~

and looky~~one of those baskets fits sweetly in there!  I bought the stool for $1.75.



Already painted this cute wicker basket my shade of aqua~~and some faux foilage for displays at my booths~~(love that coleus)~~




Those chairs are marked Ethan Allen on the bottom; needs a little wood glue to one of the rungs~~




I fell in love with these green/white/blue placemats; $4.00 for 4~~




But my favorite project are these sweet jelly glasses (25c each)~~




Using some wire for part of the project like this~~




I'll post later this week after I've painted up my stuff to show off those cute little glasses; aka vases.



Did you get out and find any bargains this week?  I'm off to see what you've been up to; then I'm painting up some stuff this evening.  Indoors!

Have a great week~~

patty

7 comments:

  1. Love those jars and the Ethan Allan chairs! Thanks again, Patty, I received the package today. Love it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be interested to see what you do w/ that rolling stand/table. Not sure I would have picked that one up - so I'm very curious! You always do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ethan Allen is still in business, I think, back in the day they were quite expensive.
    those chairs are probably maple.
    you got a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been awhile since I've visited. You never cease to inspire me! The chairs, $4???? A steal, girlie! Love wire baskets, jelly jars, the placemats would work in my kitchen! Awesome finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that chair! You found some great stuff! I so love thrifting!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's blazing hot here, too, Patty. Ugh! But your thrift finds are hot enough to set the repurposing world on fire. Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff you got there! I can't wait to see what you do with the chair. I passed on a similar Colonial style chair for $6 because I wasn't sure if I could paint the datedness (is that a word? it is now) out of it. I was thinking about painting it shabby chic white and doing something special on the seat but I couldn't be decisive about it so I passed (doubt means don't is my philosophy). Now in a google search today, I see them painted all sorts of bright colors and looking super cute. There's always next time.

    Aside from me waffling on that chair, I really cleaned up yesterday in my thrift excursion with my MIL. Practically filled the back of my Yukon. She must have been my lucky charm. :) Robyn

    ReplyDelete