Thursday, October 13, 2011

Old Table and Dried Roses~~


Finally finished painting my bargain side table.  Pay no attention to this rug!  I'm changing it out for a brown and aqua rug soon in this room~~reason for painting this table and another one to match.  I hope to get better pictures next week of my "before and after"~~   


After sanding the table top portion, I used a darker stain; next week I'll put a sealer on. 


I love little dried roses~~these were left over from a bouquet last week; could not bear to throw them out just yet.  I have this little vignette on the shelf near the computer~~


Do you dry flowers?  I like tucking them into little apothecary jars~~sweet reminders of summer and garden.  The Sweet Annie is more than ready to cut and dry~~will be bundling bouquets of it for my booth this next week. 

Are you still gathering from the garden?  Leftover flowers, seeds, leaves?

Joining this fun party:


 

11 comments:

  1. Your table is fabulous! I do love it! Oh yes, I keep dried flowers. I haven't been saving my seeds, just letting them fall to the ground. I suppose I should tuck a few away now that you mention it!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your table turned out. I like the rug too! I always like dried flowers, especially roses! Have a great weekend.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your table turned out. can't wait to see it with the new rug. Thanks so much for the sweet comments you left on my blog.
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this sounds creepy but I have every rose Hubby ever gave me. When they start to droop, I hang them upside down to dry and gather them into bundles. They smell wonderful, not like roses, but musky and sweet.
    I love your little vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...just dropping in for the first time via Designs on 47th...and i love the finish you put on that side table! off to look around :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a lovely job on your side table, you should be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will try that idea with the flowers next time. By the way the table looks ghreat.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I meant great :O)
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your table. The dried roses are very pretty.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete