Friday, August 20, 2010

Old Desk: Soon to get revamped!


Story about this desk:  Bought this 10 years ago.  My sons used in their rooms at different times.  Sons all grown up now---desk is mine.  If you flip through the catalogs of Pottery Barn or Ballard Designs; they have had desk's similar to this one (structure wise) painted black or white. 

THE PLAN:  Remove the "masculine" hardware/handles---sand and paint (will be cottage-white); add new drawer knobs.  The whole room is in the process of being repainted soft white and tan; my area rug is tans/browns with bits of faded aqua and creams.  Black painted wood floor.

I'll show pictures when completed---I have too many projects going at once; plus I work---so will take awhile to get all finished. 

FUN STUFF:
Below are some other finds from this week:

Some orphaned glass-ware:  Looks nice on a big sliver platter; idea to hold white candles; pretty for a Christmas setting----add vintage silver balls--

Big! Jewelry box for $1.30!!  Love, love wood boxes of any kind; this I plan to paint.  The lid lifts up for storage too;  see the cute little drawers!  Mirrored back on each side behind the doors.  Sweet thing.

Darling little knack shelf---


Pretty vintage tablecloth with blue flowers for 1.00 (background):  vintage reticulated large tray for .50 and the glass "cloche" was an orphaned dome lid for a bowl---got that for 2.50---but, fits sweetly on this tray; a pretty way to display little collectibles or some "bling".

I pick up trays/metal baskets all the time--will picture my loot of those items to show you how serious I am about finding metal-ware!  I love to create display pieces out the these; will get some completed and picture soon.

THANKS FOR BEING HERE!  LEAVE ME A POST---HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment