Friday, March 4, 2011

Old Currier & Ives Floral Tin


I'm running a little late tonight getting my rusty stuff posted!  Bad day for picture taking:
rainy/gloomy/misty----


I love this rusty cookie tin; Currier & Ives with the white background on the lid:


Got a box of old photos with those really neat cardboard frames;  two wicker plant~fans; a couple of doilies and little pink gloves.


My idea is to use some vintage~looking wallpaper inserted into the frames and add my own little photos~~~~




Have a great weekend~~I'm heading over to your place to see what you've been up to!  I'm also joining these lovely hostesses:

Photobucket



Vintage Inspiration Friday

CLICK TO JOIN MY WEEKLY LINKY PARTY—STILL IN PROGRESS!









9 comments:

  1. What a sweet decorative tin, especially with its rust to give it character. And your old doilies are pretty, too. I can't wait for the sales to start up so I can find some vintage lovelies like yours. It was gloomy and rainy here today, as well. Will spring ever get here? Thanks for your nice comment. :-)
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old tins are yours is fabulous, its a great size too to hold lots of trinkets. Vintage photos are always a winner with me too, i like to wallpaper idea. Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could have used the pink gloves for Pink Saturday. Lovely treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could have used the pink gloves for Pink Saturday. Lovely treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I love that tin! and those cute pink gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that tin and the very sweet vignettes you have created. The old photos are always fun and those frames will look great with newer photos. Thanks so much for joining Junkin Finds Friday this week! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful find with that in! It is lovely! As are all your treasures. The old cardboard photo frames are also a fun find. they will be nice to add your touch to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your old photos were a lucky find. I never see them (though I could probably find some in my parents basement!) and what a great tin too. Thanks for sharing. I'm visiting from Al La Carte.
    Lynn
    www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really a cute idea to put the vintage photos atop the doilies and mini trellises.

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete