Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Metal House Terrarium and Christmas Project

This house terrarium I bought at a local antique shop; however--it is not an antique or vintage; I've seen these at Walmart the past year or so.  But--was a sweet bargain and could not pass it up for it's potential.  I may paint it this spring and add my potted plants.

Fun to find little things to display; I can see this in white; but, also like the idea of soft jade green--distress to show the black---more like an antique one I remember seeing.

This week I have to show you my projects for the Christmas tree.  I found some vintage Christmas cards at Catholic Charity; bought some cardinal gift tags at Hobby Lobby; found some vintage white trim/garland; and made "vintage looking" decorations for the tree.  I love how they turned out.
Above is one example--I added dimension with a sprig of sparkle berrie branch (hot glued onto the card)---these really make my tree look pretty.
Oh---those big 'ol bells and snow flakes (Dollar Tree).  AND----found wicker sleighs of all descriptions and sizes at the junk shops.  Very cheap/basic/silver/whites/little touches of red on the tree.  I'm loving it.
Will show my "vintage cards for the tree" later this week. I'm sending this over to Kathleen's for White Wednesday http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/

1 comment: