Monday, November 22, 2010

Tree Topper Stars Vignette

I find these star-shaped tree toppers everywhere right now; really cheap in thrift stores and local Dollar Tree.  Here's my take on using them for other than the "top of the tree":
I found a half dozen of these darling stars in different shops "on the cheap" (talking 25 to 50 cents!); and here's one I used for vignette--tucked behind a mini frosted tree.

Hobby Lobby had some sweet Christmas floral picks with birds--they have that vintage look about them; the one above I used in an antique ironstone gravey boat.

Found two darling vintage Santa's; porcelain knick-knacks--


Here's more of my tree-topper stars!!  That old porch lantern I found at thrift shop for $4.00; gutted out the electrical--put in a tree-topper-star!  Nested beside this is ANOTHER STAR--looked sweet in a huge wicker basket.  Small vignette outside my side-door to the house---

Got to have a big bow on a basket!  ----and some big pinecones.

There's my old toboggan I painted white--drapped some garland and added the vintage ice skates. 
I'm loving those stars! Sending this over for Vintage Friday with Debra at Common Ground: http://commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/