Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bottle Therapy

Inside this morning while the rain subsides~~the promise of sunshine later today.  Here's my little projects for some old bottles I've collected and will take to my little booth this week for display; but this is my tray of "potentials"~~~


Last winter I purchased from an ebay seller these awesome decal water slides for wood and glass projects:  they work beautifully on metal too.  Easy to use and can lightly coat with clear sealer to protect the image.  I also cut a piece of "script" paper for a taller jar~~


These decals are beautifully detailed and look vintage~~


I love the muted colors of them~~


This big jar with the cherries would look sweet holding wooden utensils too~~


Here's the taller bottle I used a scrap piece of script paper and darkened the edges with stamping pad ink~~roughed up the "label" a bit to appear as vintage as the bottle~~



Okay; waiting for that sunshine to appear and have just one more cup of coffee~~ 

See you a bit later!

I'm joining these fabulous parties this week too~~


Button





CLICK TO JOIN MY WEEKLY LINKY PARTY—STILL IN PROGRESS!







My Photo





19 comments:

  1. Great and very creative works, I love it!

    Have a nice day, kisses:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The decals look lovely on the bottles, the script label is very effective too!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bottle with the flower decal looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made those bottles look amazing! I love the berries. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooooooooo, nice job on all the bottles! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those bottles look adorable! You did a great job! Cool idea!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love doing this with jars Ive collected. Your decals are so pretty. Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful vignettes... all your bottles look so delicate and romantic.. so beautifully you displayed them...very inspiring post.I love collecting different bottles....Dropping in from Creative Bloggers' Party.Thanks for sharing with us.~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bottle display reminds me of one my mom has in her house. I adore your bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your bottles!!! Great Work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is just soooo pretty. I love what you did with all of your bottles.
    Marianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love old decorated bottles and yours are gorgeous. Those clear decals are magical. Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those decals! I actually purchased a bottle with a decal very similar to the first one when vacationing in Colorado last Fall. The cherry one is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You found the perfect decals for those old bottles. They turned out really cute. Thanks for linking it up at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is wonderful. How I wish I had your talent with home dec.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's amazing the difference those little decals made. You transformed your bottles from plain to pretty, Patty. ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete