Thursday, September 9, 2010

Old Bricks, Pathways, and Favorite Herbs:


Here's my backyard I pictured today; most of the flowers already gone.  I love the serenity of the greens and is a very quiet place to putter around in.  We still need to get a privacy fence up on one side of our property next to the shed---will hopefully get that project done before October gets here.
This concrete cherub was a sweet gift from my husband about 10 years ago; it has beautifully aged with grace!  I can see it from the french doors all year round; as if this angel is guarding our house.







Over to the right of this picture above is my little pergola.  I have a thing for old pavers/bricks: these we got for free years ago and I can't tell you how many times I have used them; moved them.  And I have used them in other little nooks and crannies; little secret pathways/hide-aways.  Love 'em!

The pergola is somewhat "hidden" by this big bush---planned it that way---cause off to the right (you can see in the next picture) is MORE OF MY LOVELY OLD BRICKS---that I used between the big shed and this bush/pergola---sweet, kind of hidden place for me to putter or paint my projects.

Here it is!  Laid these bricks to lead between the two structures just this summer--I love it.  Next year will paint the fence and pergola---that Virginia Creeper on the very back fence/trellis just planted a few months ago--next year if will be a sweet background setting for potted plants in stands.

This curvy spot is at the other end of the shed; where we need to put up the privacy fence this fall--all these plants just put in this spring/summer.  I love the old adriondack chair next to my big pot of herbs.  I can hardly wait til next year when everything fills in.  SEE MY LOVELY BRICKS??  (does it show I am obsessed with old pavers??)





Next picture is my Sweet Annie herb/bush I wrote about in earlier post.  I replanted them late this year so won't get much of harvest from them this year---but, next year will have big beautiful bushes to harvest for all kinds of dried floral/wreaths/swags/outdoor/indoor/baskets--etc.  Smells absolutely DEVINE! 

If you want INSTANT GRATIFICATION WITH PRIVACY or a nice background---Sweet Annie is perfect for that---group them close together and you get a beautiful, graceful (tall) hedge by mid-summer:
This picture my tallest one is only about 5 feet--because I planted so late in summer:



Thanks for viewing part of my little heaven!  Next year will be better---I plan to buy another little shed (my personal potting shed)---and you know--more old bricks to charm things up around here.  I love my projects.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my your yard is just breathtaking and the little cherubs add a very nice romantic touch!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness your yard is beautiful! I understand your obessions with old pavers. They look gorgeous in your yard and what a great little quiet corner to paint.

    Thanks for stopping by Elizabeth Ann's, I hope you come back soon.

    Joyfully,
    Elizabeth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to tell you! I also used to do dried floral arrangements and Sweet Annie was one of my favorites. You are correct, it does smell heavenly.

    EA

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for following me, and now I've come to visit you. I love all you have done and I'm trying to do the same things with my yard...little nooks and crannies. I also have an old barn that I want to make into a studio/potting shed. Everything looks great that you have done!
    gail
    adventuresininnkeeping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete