Friday, July 19, 2013

More Metal Chairs and Porch Painting

It's way too hot today to do this; but later this afternoon will start painting the new railings white.  Then I've decided to go with a darker brown on the porch deck/floor; darker than the siding;  it's a tan color also--needs more of a contrast and paw prints won't show up as bad!


 
 
 
I love hearing the Flag flap in the gentle breeze today; and there isn't much of a breeze~~
 
 

 
 
I've again been asked where I get my stencils: these are sometimes a combination of different stencil designs;  look on Etsy and Ebay  under French stencil, number stencil, alphabet stencil;  one of my favorite vendors is ArtisticStencils (sells on Etsy)~~
 
 
Here's another few metal chairs vamped up for resale at the booths; they sell quickly~~
 
this one I popped off the seat and added pale aqua fabric with matching paint stencil "NO. 7"~~
 
 

 
 
The other metal chair has a pretty wooden seat; and needed just a stencil or two~~
 
 

 
 
I'm tellin' ya; there's a lot of railings to be painting today~~
 
this may take awhile~~and a lot of breaks~~
 

 
 
Hope your weekend is a great one and many Blessings for you!
 
Sending my post to this lovely party:
 
Little Homestead on the Hill

 

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of work! Hope most of it will be in the shade.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo, your plant is so pretty. Hope you didn't get heat stroke painting the railings. It was a broiler here in western Massachusetts. So good for you painting despite the heat. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chairs are FABULOUS! You really know how to dress up folding chairs. =) Coming over from the Creative Home & Garden Blog Hop, and a happy new follower!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will never look at metal folding chairs the same way again! These are great!

    Thanks for linking up to The Creative Home & Garden hop! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea. Could you please let us no the site where you bought the cute french number stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty, Thank you! Your blog is amazing!! I LOVE all your work :) I wish we would've knew about each other before, we could've went on a junkin spree!! Keep in touch!! Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete