Thursday, December 8, 2011

Beadboard Church


Last year I bought this darling church made of old beadboard~~it stole my heart instantly~~a flameless candle inside shows the light through the cracks~~



Added the swag to the top~~see the steeple with the little brass bell?



I have it sitting on the "old sewing machine" table (bought the table for $1.25 at Habitat Resale Shop)~~I painted the base a faded aqua (you know I love me some aqua with my browns/whites/creams in the house~~:)~~sanded the top; restained with a medium walnut finish~~


Tweaking this morning~~my tall basket fits perfectly underneath~~after Christmas I'm going to stencil a number on the basket and maybe stain it to look antique~~


Below is the "before" of old sewing table~~I sanded the top and purchased the drawer pull from Hobby~~


~~And still tweaking with greenery here and there~~the striped "towel" is actually a cotton placemat~~purchased from Big Lots for $1.00~~I thought about stenciling on this too~~


Today is "retail" shopping day for family Christmas presents~~I may stick in a little time to hit the junk/resale shops too~~you never know what may be waiting to come home~~

Hope you're having a Blessed and grateful day.

~Patty~

Come join me at these lovely parties~~

Share Your Creations

BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE


Photobucke



beforeAndAfterButton

Ivy and Elephants

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating


The Thrifty Groove

Ladybird Ln

19 comments:

  1. I love this folk art church. You have made it so special. It would be fun all year. What a great find. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great...LOVE that little church :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this church and the way you have added greenery to the top. It looks so special as the feature on that beautiful sewing table. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love little church! So sweet! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little church is so pretty! I really like it. Oh, and I love all the berries you used in your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for visiting. I am now following you -- don't think we've met before!

    Your display is just gorgeous with the beadboard church, etc. I can see why it stole your heart.

    ETS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Love Love that church! You made it even better with the things you added. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful the folk art little church, it's so adorable, just right for the season and you've prettied her up to look sooo lovely! She stole my heart too! Thank you so much for your kind and sweet visit.
    Merry Christmas,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my!! I ♥ it!!!

    you did a great job on the table.

    Thanks for stopping by my page!!

    newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the folk art church and it is perfect dressed up for Christmas.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your church! :) So pretty! I became a follower of your blog! :) Erin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love beadboard! That church is too cute. Has just the right rustic touch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your little church and the best thing it is a one of a kind!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet, I showed this off on my blog tonight!

    Carlee
    http://www.ladybirdln.com/2011/12/weekend-show-offfeatures_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. That little church is just adorable! And decked out Christmas enchances it even more! And the sewing table turned out great (and what an awesome price!).Thank you for sharing at TTF and I hope you are having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for following me at Junkaholics Unanimous! I love your ideas. Following too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the church, I am jealous you got all those bottle brush trees for so little.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this little church! You really do have the eye for some great finds! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete