Thursday, December 1, 2011

Red Plaid and Old Barn


I fell in love with this old "Scotch Kooler"~~it was a bargain due to some dents and dings~~~


Setting up this vignette in my office/craft room as a sample~~I'm taking most of these items to my booth today to spruce up with some reds and greens~~here is where I get messy in this little space of mine; then I box it up and off it goes (I'd like to think of this as my INSPIRATIONAL ROOM; it's more of a junk~treasure~filled space as I create and produce items for resale)~~
~~and look at the $3.00 vintage canvas oil painting signed and dated 1959~~does this not speak of Christmas?  I love this painting~~



I'm keeping the big ornate, wood frame~~painting it white for use in the dining room eventally~~the huge pinecone wreath will get a big bow and off to the booth this morning with the plaid cooler and greenery~~


Hobby has some lovely
"velvet" textured poinsettias~~the whites are fabulous; I used to not like poinsettias (real or faux)~~now I'm in love with this pretty holiday flower! 

Thanks for being here; I appreciate all your lovely comments and suggestions~~tell me what your projects are this week~~I need some motivation!

~Patty~


Fun and Inspiration at these parties~~see you there!

2805




theartsygirlconnection


With A Shot Of Brandy

Button



ThriftyThurs Thrifty Thursday Week 51


Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. What a beautiful vignette, but of course I love the red!

    I would be delighted for your to link up to Potpourri Friday. It starts this afternoon! Hope you will come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful vignette! I love the "Scotch Kooler" and oil! Great finds! It's all perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a beautiful Christmas vignette Patty! I love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that plaid! and the painting is wonderful

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this vignette. When I was a child we had a Scotch cooler, this brought back memories! And that painting! Perfect. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vignette! I kept a cooler like that on the steps of my last home (an old bungalow) filled with ice melt/ salt. It was functional and pretty. I also used a similar one to hold baked potatoes for a Parade of Lights party. LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful vignette, I like it!

    Kisses:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your beautiful vignette and that $3 painting is such a treasure. I had a cooler like that a few years ago and now regret selling it...so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your post...the colors are really pretty!

    Hugs and Best Wishes, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  10. As one who collects Thermos, I adore the Scotch cooler. The painting is wonderful, too. My son would love to add that to his collection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Got to love the plaid and the dents are fine. We embrace imperfection at Olive Out♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. After reading Tomie DePaola's Legend of the Poinsettia, it is my favorite holiday flower, too. But make mine fake, 'cuz the real ones make me sneeze. Will have to look for some of the white ones!♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the plaid.. I adore this.. Absolutely AWESOME.. I would LOVE if you could please link this awesome feature to my Pin'Inspirational Thursday party happening today pweease.. - http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/11/pininspirational-thursdayslinky-party.html THANKS so much.. Wishing you an amazing start to your weekend.. ~Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gotta love the red plaid cooler. The painting is really sweet, too! The colors are perfect for Christmas.
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stopping back by to say thank you for linking to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty vignette! You really have an artful eye for putting things together...everything was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful arrangement, especially that vintage plaid!

    Thank-you so much for joining our Pin'Inspiration party. Would love for you to hop over and grab a button.

    Happy new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your vignette. Simply gorgeous. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my daughter's new tween room. I really appreciate the positive feedback. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What agreat find! I have been batting zero on my hunt for something truly unique. Yours make a great addition to you Christmas decorations!
    Blessings,Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks great. Love that plaid cooler--it fits right in with holiday decorations! Thanks so much for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Patty,
    Thanks for coming by today. It's always a delight to have visitors. I love your barn picture..it is so beautiful. A nice fetch for sure..
    I'm going to follow you as I really like your style..
    Have a wonderful night..
    Kindredly,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  22. Shame on me..I have been following you for some time..guess this is what happens when we love to follow so many bloggers..I promise to come along more often!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the plaid! I think that I remember way back when I was a child we had something like that.

    Thanks for your visit! You have a wonderful decorating sense, using my painting on a mantle. Maybe someone will take your suggestion!!

    I'm your new follower.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That picture sure does say Christmas :-) Thanks for the blog visit....jean

    ReplyDelete