Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Little Cabinet Project



I bought this sweet cabinet last fall for $5.00; all it really needed was some white paint~~


Here is the "before" picture; all crusty, dusty and sitting in my entryway:



I've added the wooden shelf with a cute dowel rod for paper-towels or to hang hand towels; the top shelf will hold some cute jars for herbs and such:





Tomorrow:  I'll picture the finished project~~jars included!

Have some stencilling to add to both sides; and the sweet drawer shifts open from either side~~






There was a towel bar already attached to one side:





~~adding drawer pulls and a knob to the cabinet door tonight~~





I'm leaving the old red toolbox here for awhile; just brought down the "stored away plants" from upstairs.   January usually draws me into buying another indoor potted plant every year~~

I want to paint the old singer base white!  Soon!



See you tomorrow with the little cabinet all prettied up.  Hope the lighting is better for pictures too!

Off to see what you've been up to~~have a great week!

~patty~

Here's a grand party going on:
Knick of Time Interiors

5 comments:

  1. I love this! It would be perfect as an "island" in my kitchen! Fabulous job, Patty. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing what $5, paint and elbow grease can do. Your cabinet is so pretty, great job!
    Happy New Year.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that looks adorable, Patty. Great job! See what a delightful result can happen without spending a lot of money? Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute cart, Patty! You definitely had more vision for it then I would have. It looks great in white and I could just see this being used in a kitchen. I know my daughter would like a little portable island in her kitchen and something this size would work great for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You might already know this, but the cart is actually a bedside table used in hospitals many years ago. I've got one from when I was a patient in 1981. I'm using it in my kitchen right now! You did a great job on your and the added shelf is cute.

    LesleyAnn

    ReplyDelete